Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla autopilot HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick (I think) clarification question for @jimmy_d

The camera agnostic neural network you've mentioned ... does this mean that, by necessity, such a NN would have weights to standardize the raw input data (AKA: correct for differences in the focal length, lens shape, ISO sensitivity of the video sensor)?

Thank you!

I would presume all of the sensors are the same and that only the optics are different. Is that not the case?

I'm unfortunately lacking a brand spanking new Model 3, but I do see option code APH4 mentioned on the Model S configuration page. Of course this information isn't exactly helpful because for all I know it's been there for at least 3 months, if not 6 months at this point. Clearly someone needs to camp out at the service center and offer to helpfully disassemble a new owner's car. "That feature that you're looking for is behind the glove box right here. Let me just demonstrate how to access it..."

It doesn't seem like I can edit my previous post, so I suppose I'll just make a new one.

I should probably clarify that Tesla likes to redirect me to the Austrian German version of the configurator (Konfigurieren) because some geo-ip database somewhere is hilariously wrong. This is the only page that I've actually seen mention the APH4 code. It's buried in some JSON data on the site, under the "tesla" -> "optionGroup" key:

Code:
{
  "name": "AUTOPILOT_HARDWARE",
  "group_details": {
    "exclusive": false,
    "required_for_build": false,
    "options": [
      {
        "code": "APH3",
        "upgrade_rank": null
      },
      {
        "code": "APH4",
      },
      {
        "code": "APH0",
      },
      {
        "code": "APH2",
      }
    ]
  }
}

Was this ever posted?

nah i got into a accident (totaled car) that same week which threw everything into a flux. Fast forward to today, i no longer have the desire to do my writeup because of lack of activity in the thread.

really? I have no idea he was. How do you know?

Yeah i posted it here;
Firmware 9 in August will start rolling out full self-driving features!!!

I like busting someone's chops just as much as the next person, but is @Bladerskb okay?

Yeah i'm good, no injuries thank goodness.