Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla autopilot HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I still don't see how Tesla is lowering the bar for FSD. They are promising "feature complete" FSD that after validation will be good enough that the driver will not need to pay attention. That's what Musk promised again just last night in the Model Y reveal. How is "feature complete" where you won't need to pay attention "lowering the bar" for FSD?

All I can say to that is some of us were truly believers and were a little naïve back in the AP1 days. We personally experienced how Tesla "changed" things pertaining to AP1 and we just laid down like obedient dogs and watched it unfold before our very eyes.

Probably the reason some of us, me included, are so adamant about holding Tesla / ElonTweets /ElonPodcasts / Stage Speeches etc... to their commitment and word is so that we don't get taken again. That once bitten / fool me once rule got me the first time and this time I will if necessary NOT be part of a class action suit but handle myself with Tesla I have kept meticulous records this time around. As I have said and asked for over and over is that Tesla provide me what they sold me and not come up with some shenanigans about why my car and those in my position are left behind again.

Last edited:
All I can say to that is some of us were truly believers and were a little naïve back in the AP1 days. We personally experienced how Tesla "changed" things pertaining to AP1 and we just laid down like obedient dogs and watched it unfold before our very eyes.

Probably the reason some of us, me included, are so adamant about holding Tesla / ElonTweets /ElonPodcasts / Stage Speeches etc... to their commitment and word is so that we don't get taken again. That once bitten / fool me once rule got me the first time and this time I will if necessary NOT be part of a class action suit but handle myself with Tesla I have kept meticulous records this time around. As I have said and asked for over and over is that Tesla provide me what they sold me and not come up with some shenanigans about why my car and those in my position are left behind again.

Thanks. Your response is helpful. I am certainly with you 100% to keep Tesla accountable. I will be watching closely what happens with FSD roll out.

I guess in a lot of ways you guys are the trail blazers for us newbies. :) Not just you guys bought Teslas in the early days which was a huge risk back then and helped Tesla get to where they are now but you put up with setbacks because you wanted to give Tesla a chance to succeed in the long term. I just swoop in on AP2.5 after EAP already went through its birth pangs. :D

Anyone thought about how they would implement Autosteer city driving as a lvl 2 car with you holding the steering wheel? Can't be done if the requirement is to hold the steering wheel.

Probably how you can use AP now without holding the wheel all the time but keeping your hands close to the wheel just in case. And you can dismiss the nags with the scroll wheel without needing to hold the wheel all the time. Tesla may even change the nag warning to say something like "keep your hands close and be ready to take over any time" instead of "apply light force".

Probably how you can use AP now without holding the wheel all the time but keeping your hands close to the wheel just in case. And you can dismiss the nags with the scroll wheel without needing to hold the wheel all the time. Tesla may even change the nag warning to say something like "keep your hands close and be ready to take over any time" instead of "apply light force".
this is super dangerous because that means you need to pay a lot of attention to the IC instead of looking around.

I got a strikeout on highway yesterday while holding the steering wheel all the time. This is because I of course look outside, so totally missed the whole "tug steering wheel" alert popping up a few times and so... no more AP for me, sigh.

That's the reason for my avatar....it was an image from April 2014 showing what summon was supposed to do under AP1. It serves as a constant reminder to me that I will only ever buy a feature for what it can do TODAY.

And so it begins .... see post 124

FSD Upgrade Price reduced from $5K to $3K in MyTesla Page for Model S

0D8D116A-263F-42F6-A7E5-FE9A566E1BAC.png

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Elon was asked on Twitter if his shoes were a "one more thing". His response "There was something, but no one caught it". I suspect he is referring to the HW3 chip/computer already being in production, and therefore his statement that "just software upgrades are needed" would stand true.

Yeah, at the time I took this as him misspeaking. But now I’m tending to agree it was intentional. He did have a coy smile when he said it. So does he mean if you buy now you have hw3? Does he mean recent purchases in 2019? Does he mean they will try to go for lvl 3 with current hardware and not upgrade the new FSD **capable** folks?

No word of HW3 in a single opportune time these past few months. Maybe it’s just still not in production and they will pull a q2 lever by announcing and updating the self driving language **again** to suggest level 5?

Who knows, I guess like last night while we waited for the show to start, we must “stay tuned”.

That's the reason for my avatar....it was an image from April 2014 showing what summon was supposed to do under AP1. It serves as a constant reminder to me that I will only ever buy a feature for what it can do TODAY.

Ah yes the meet-you-on-the-curb AP1 Summon.

The younger years. Simpler times. You know, when HP meant HP etc. Well, not actually, that’s when it started...

• Funny
Reactions: Matias and BigD0g
this is super dangerous because that means you need to pay a lot of attention to the IC instead of looking around.
I got a strikeout on highway yesterday while holding the steering wheel all the time. This is because I of course look outside, so totally missed the whole "tug steering wheel" alert popping up a few times and so... no more AP for me, sigh.
That happened to me driving my son's TM3 driving it back to him after it got clear filmed/windows tinted. Well on the next exit I decided I was 'thirsty' so I could stop at a convenience store/station so I could put the car in 'P'ark and get my AP get-out-of-jail-free-card! I really love using AP on highway driving. So much more relaxing and like you said you can enjoy the scenery and things around you.

Yeah, at the time I took this as him misspeaking. But now I’m tending to agree it was intentional. He did have a coy smile when he said it. So does he mean if you buy now you have hw3? Does he mean recent purchases in 2019? Does he mean they will try to go for lvl 3 with current hardware and not upgrade the new FSD **capable** folks?

No word of HW3 in a single opportune time these past few months. Maybe it’s just still not in production and they will pull a q2 lever by announcing and updating the self driving language **again** to suggest level 5?

Who knows, I guess like last night while we waited for the show to start, we must “stay tuned”.

They released a teaser of the Tesla pickup. This version of the pic is lightened because the original teaser was so dark you couldn’t see hardly anything...well, you still can’t see hardly anything I guess!

@Randy7fx

C8AA3FEF-A13D-49E4-9353-DB46A78CE748.jpeg

Reactions: Randy7fx and jlund
10:30pm Westcoast time...

For me (no previous EAP) added AP yesterday for $2k, and as of right now FSD is still holding at $3k, so I just decided to go for it... hit the Pay Now button... and, and...

"Payment process error! Please try again." WTH!

If you have a bank like Bank of America the fraud detection stuff gets triggered really easily.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it was that.

I'm sure you have till midnight to order for $3K.

If you have a bank like Bank of America the fraud detection stuff gets triggered really easily.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it was that.

I'm sure you have till midnight to order for $3K.

That's possible. The $2k processed no problem first thing this Monday morning when the bank opened, and the funds are there now for this one. But maybe two hits, relatively back to back at a higher dollar amount are setting off the trigger? I took a screen shot of the error code, so if I need to battle Tesla tomorrow for grace, I can show them what I was hitting.

That's possible. The $2k processed no problem first thing this Monday morning when the bank opened, and the funds are there now for this one. But maybe two hits, relatively back to back at a higher dollar amount are setting off the trigger? I took a screen shot of the error code, so if I need to battle Tesla tomorrow for grace, I can show them what I was hitting.

Good luck! Hope that stuff gets sorted out.