Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla autopilot HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you bringing up BWM in response to a post regarding GM Supercruise which you brought up in your response to a post regarding Tesla FSD which you brought up as a response to my post regarding areas that Tesla is ahead of others in terms of units and specific features?

Do you change the topic everytime you have been proven wrong?
Have you ever made a statement that was even remotely accurate?
Were any of these items actually incorrect?
  • Number of vehicles in the wild, in the public's hands, that are self navigating and moving while empty.
  • Number of vehicles in the wild, on the road, self navigating and changing lanes without active driver permission.
  • Number of vehicles on the road, owned by the public, with OTA SW updates that enable new self driving features after purchase.
  • Number of vehicles produced quarterly with the above features.

None of these "features" have anything to do with "self driving".

I am not aware of these hundreds of near death retakes involved in the recent AP lap around a track (which I unfortunately was not able to re-find a link to), any data to support your claim regarding that?

Literally the video of the link you posted. you tesla fans man.[/QUOTE]

As a shareholder you can ask and upvote questions on Say

The questions with the most upvotes will be answered on the earnings call next Wednesday. I asked this question:

in order to get FSD, cars with HW2.5 will get a new computer. What additional hardware changes do cars with HW2.0 need for FSD as these cars have different cameras and radar?

With all the discussion going on about the HW3.0 I am a little surprised that it only has two upvotes so far.

As a shareholder you can ask and upvote questions on Say

The questions with the most upvotes will be answered on the earnings call next Wednesday. I asked this question:

With all the discussion going on about the HW3.0 I am a little surprised that it only has two upvotes so far.

Thanks for letting us know about this. I like the question about defining "feature complete". I would love it if Elon could clarify that since it has been a big question on this forum for awhile.

Reactions: EVNow
@verygreen can obviously speak for himself, but he had stated a few times to be of the mindset that there is no second/hidden/mysterious/magical FSD/HW3 NN code branch lurking anywhere and what we see is as good as what Tesla currently has. I had wondered about the "monster" NN that @jimmy_d described early this year (full 360, camera "agnostic", etc.) and, again, it appears to have been an idea that Tesla toyed around with, possibly with HW3 in mind, but there appears to be no sign of this in the wild. Perhaps they are codeveloping it in a new branch perhaps they abandoned it.

That 'monster' probably can't be run on HW2+ in a fashion that would actually drive the car. It's too big. We probably only got to see it because of an accident in the distribution system. It could be something that they were trying out in anticipation of the FSD chip coming out. Maybe we'll see something like it again when HW3 goes into full use.

Tesla continue to upgrade to HW3 cars - one "influencer" at a time.

Steve Jobs Ghost on Twitter

IM GETTING A FULL SELF DRIVING COMPUTER TOMORROW ON MY MODEL 3 AWWWWWWWWW YEAH BABY!!!!!!! 8 am sharp the moment they open!! Thank you @elonmusk

Silver lining - previously only S/X retrofits were reported - glad to hear they're starting Model 3 ones as well

Not a single Model 3 should get this update until my October 2016 Model S gets updated since I paid for FSD nearly 3 years ago!
Let’s say
1- if Tesla updates in the order people paid, it will take 2 years to upgrade everyone at a cost of 3x
2- if Tesla updates in the most efficient manner it takes 6 months and costs x

Do you still prefer (1) ?

Let’s say
1- if Tesla updates in the order people paid, it will take 2 years to upgrade everyone at a cost of 3x
2- if Tesla updates in the most efficient manner it takes 6 months and costs x

Do you still prefer (1) ?

Yes **** them. I paid first they took my money. Tesla needs to put on it's big boy pants.

Tesla has enough profitability problems. Intentionally working inefficiently to make a small group of owners feel better is not going to help.

And I have HW3 on my Model 3. It came with it from the factory. It doesn't operate any better than HW2.5 right now. You are missing nothing at this point.

That might change in a few months and people will be unable to take use of the new features because they don't have HW3

Reactions: croman
As they said in autonomy day they started working on HW4 sometime back.

We should start thinking oh these NN computers like normal computers, new versions will come out regularly, once in 2 or 3 years, though.

I'd wait 6 months after interesting new FSD features are released to get HW4...that's on top of the ~2 months canada ususally has to wait anyway. SO, is HW4 delivered by next summer/fall? lol.

Honestly, I think HW4 will be more like HW2-HW4 and not really compatible. They'll have to start thinking about cameras with heaters and wipers and likely something to improve its current blind spots (I believe they don't have good enough view for cross traffic and the front corners)

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS