Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Autopilot Vs Volvo Autopilot (POOL)

Which one wins the Autopilot battle ?

• Tesla

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • Volvo

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a demonstration of Tesla Vs Volvo Autopilot :

Volvo autonomous car engineer calls Tesla’s Autopilot a ‘wannabe'

Source: Volvo autonomous car engineer calls Tesla’s Autopilot a ‘wannabe'

Which one do you belive won the battle ?

Start your votes

The comments are idiotic. Tesla's is the definition of a level 2 system, In fact, Wikipedia gives it as AN EXAMPLE of a level 2 system. It's just a fancy cruise control; you're still in control and car makes no pretense otherwise. But, having driven it for a number of months now, I have a hard time imagining that it isn't safer than a fully manual vehicle.

It's just like an aircraft autopilot. It keeps you going on the level and following the path, but at no time do you feel that you could hop in the back to have a nap. It will help catch and prevent a lot of small, but potentially dangerous, errors that arise from the distraction or inattention that human beings are prone to - smart phone or no smart phone.

Tesla is doing it right. You just can't roll out a level 4 system all at once. People need years to develop comfort with auto-driving; they need to be eased into it as the systems slowly become more and more capable.

I know which video you're talking about, but I don't see any links to it in this thread.

It is kind of funny to watch though.

To be fair: The idiots in the second video assumed the city safety system which does avoids collisions with other cars would also break for pedestrians. Volvo never claimed it would.

City safety system is designed to stop at pedestrians as well to cars, and volvo does claims it

In their defense, they say that particular model didn't have the $3000 pedestrian detection add-on and they claim that accelerating the car would disable the feature anyway (allowing you to hit said pedestrians).

Personally I think it's a fail and It's not Volvo's first time.

• Funny
Reactions: beingboston