Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Backhoe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like after Tesla rolls out the Semi they are focusing their sights on heavy equipment, noticed this test mule at the Superior, OR supercharger today! Way cool! :rolleyes:

IMG_1722.JPG

You laugh, but that'd actually be pretty cool. Backhoes are really expensive to operate. And they spend a lot of their time in a low duty-cycle state, punctuated by periodic periods of heavy load. And their engines are all about low-end torque. And you could charge them on the work site.

They're already going hybrid. And some little li-ion mini excavators. Plus some of the biggest excavators in the world run straight off of mains power ;)

Last edited:
I want one, but I'm gonna wait until they get the range up to at least 400 miles between charges to match the range on my BMW :)

And until they upgrade the materials of the interior. I'd prefer calfskin leather seats, some swamp spanish oak with some obeche wood decor along with cowhide suede for my elbows to rest on on the door sills. That is the Ultimate Driving Experience and you only get that in a BMW :)