Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla backup side cameras not showing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I saw somewhere on TMC that MCU1 cars will not work with this software update. FSD is not the issue, it's your MCU. Yes if you pay for an MCU II it will show up.

I have the (MCU1 2017 Sept build) and paid for FSD. I will not be paying for the Infotainment upgrade. I expect Tesla to make FSD work as well for me as it will for the MCU II folks when it finally rolls out to the masses. When FSD is finally here, I don't intend to be looking at any side cameras. Just not worth $2500 to me to do that upgrade. I also intend to wait as long as possible to do the FSD hardware update. Hopefully after HW4 is rolling out. Love the current reviews from the beta testers.

I thought I saw somewhere on TMC that MCU1 cars will not work with this software update. FSD is not the issue, it's your MCU. Yes if you pay for an MCU II it will show up.

I have the (MCU1 2017 Sept build) and paid for FSD. I will not be paying for the Infotainment upgrade. I expect Tesla to make FSD work as well for me as it will for the MCU II folks when it finally rolls out to the masses. When FSD is finally here, I don't intend to be looking at any side cameras. Just not worth $2500 to me to do that upgrade. I also intend to wait as long as possible to do the FSD hardware update. Hopefully after HW4 is rolling out. Love the current reviews from the beta testers.
So if I pay for MCU 2 the cameras will show up?