Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Bank transfer request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's pretty poor to hear about the trade-in dropping. I'm half-expecting it on mine and I think I've done about 200 miles since my trade-in quote. I've deliberately tried to keep the miles low knowing that they would try and knock me down on it but I guess the time doesn't help. I've also found their telephone support positively useless. The car better live up to the hype cos I'm finding the whole end-game payment process stressful and an unecessary ordeal.

That's pretty poor to hear about the trade-in dropping. I'm half-expecting it on mine and I think I've done about 200 miles since my trade-in quote. I've deliberately tried to keep the miles low knowing that they would try and knock me down on it but I guess the time doesn't help. I've also found their telephone support positively useless. The car better live up to the hype cos I'm finding the whole end-game payment process stressful and an unecessary ordeal.
Just an update on this, I called today spoke to a lady who said she would take my details and speak to someone then call me back. This was round 11am, anyways time went by I checked my Tesla account around 3pm and the trade-in value had changed to about £400 less than what I was originally quoted (Basically it covers the settlement so no positive for me). Not great but still much much better than -£1200 I was originally looking at.

She said she would call me back today to confirm all details and make sure everything else was ok, however as I kind of figured she never called back. So it's another phone call again tomorrow, happy she managed to get it sorted for me but would been nice to get a call back to just confirm I can accept it with no other issues.

Hopefully if your value goes down dramatically you can just ring up and explain the same situation.

We've got the same issue - Tesla details are not showing up but we can force the transfer through.
Gave them £1 and emailed to confirm.

Let's see - with today's climate, I don't want to take any risks.

+this all done via Tesla portal.