Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Bank transfer request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mines confused as my trade-in has outstanding finance that will need to be paid off, they have the settlement letter but the calculation assumes the full value of the trade in and that they owe me £6k where in fact I owe them £7k!

The whole thing says I've paid in full, I guess another call to Tesla sales tomorrow...

Mines confused as my trade-in has outstanding finance that will need to be paid off, they have the settlement letter but the calculation assumes the full value of the trade in and that they owe me £6k where in fact I owe them £7k!

The whole thing says I've paid in full, I guess another call to Tesla sales tomorrow...
I'm in a similar boat. They are paying off my old finance with my old car trade in. Says they owe me money which I'm assuming is for them to settle with old car finance (actually they will owe me a little money due to positive equity)

If I have a big green tick saying "your final payment was received" I'm assuming I'm all good and I don't have to pay anything else ?

Portal is a little confusing

I'm in a similar boat. They are paying off my old finance with my old car trade in. Says they owe me money which I'm assuming is for them to settle with old car finance (actually they will owe me a little money due to positive equity)

If I have a big green tick saying "your final payment was received" I'm assuming I'm all good and I don't have to pay anything else ?

Portal is a little confusing

Me three. My invoice looks great until I have to factor in my outstanding settlement figure. It's very confusing indeed. Who is supposed to be settling the finance on my trade-in? Me or Tesla?

Me three. My invoice looks great until I have to factor in my outstanding settlement figure. It's very confusing indeed. Who is supposed to be settling the finance on my trade-in? Me or Tesla?
I know they pay off the old settlement because they have asked me for settlement letter once I drop old car off.

I'll give them a ring today make sure everything all.ok

Called them and they said all I have to do is email over my settlement letter (with at least 14 days on it)
They will handle the rest. I've got nothing else to pay except any down payment I put down during the order process.
Seems I'm all good to go, just another week to wait

Called them and they said all I have to do is email over my settlement letter (with at least 14 days on it)
They will handle the rest. I've got nothing else to pay except any down payment I put down during the order process.
Seems I'm all good to go, just another week to wait

All good then. I've sent Tesla my settlement letter but it didn't appear to make any difference to the invoice. Anyway, it sounds like you're in a similar timescale to me. I do wish their payment process wasn't so clunky.

Just an update on my case, I called Tesla this afternoon because as mentioned earlier the site was showing the total value of my trade-in being deducted from my downpayment when in fact there's outstanding finance to be paid off.

Guy at Tesla said the settlement figure letter hadn't been processed correctly. I actually had an updated settlement letter as I'd made another payment since going through the order on the website plus the valid until date would expire before I picked up the Model 3 which was an issue.

Emailed them the new letter and this evening the site is now correctly showing that I do in fact owe them some money to complete my downpayment.

Hopefully no more issues now until pickup...

I've received the payment text but the my tesla account is still showing "we are calculating your invoice and will reach out for final payment", even though the invoice is available?

I've sent £1 through but want to confirm its arrived before transferring the rest.

I've received the payment text but the my tesla account is still showing "we are calculating your invoice and will reach out for final payment", even though the invoice is available?

I've sent £1 through but want to confirm its arrived before transferring the rest.

For me, sending a similar small amount of money to test came through the next day. Appeared under Completed Tasks\Payment Method\expand Show Details\Payments Received as:
"Payment - dd/mm/yyyy"

Emailed about it still saying calculating invoice, but suspect I'll just be sending them the money even if I do not get an answer...

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
For me, sending a similar small amount of money to test came through the next day. Appeared under Completed Tasks\Payment Method\expand Show Details\Payments Received as:
"Payment - dd/mm/yyyy"

Emailed about it still saying calculating invoice, but suspect I'll just be sending them the money even if I do not get an answer...

Ah finally it makes sense! Thank you, the £1 I sent on Monday arrived.

Yeah, mine was like that with an invoice there for ages - only when they text messaged me did I actually start the ball rolling on doing the payment. The website view still implies they don't want the money yet. Daft, and I failed to get their telephone support to understand my confusion.

Well bad news for me today, after being told numerous times by the amazing people at Tesla that my trade-in value will not change (unless I go over the monthly mileage limit) I got a lovely message last night to update my Odometer as my 60 days has expired (Only done around 800 miles a month since October). The value of my car has now dropped by almost 1200 which has now thrown a spanner in the works.

I'll give them a bell see if I can get any joy but I doubt it! Pretty annoyed to be told by 3 different people it won't change and now it has haha. Guess they really don't know anything over the phone.

Similar situation Sugei - passed the 60 days & - having done only 600-ish miles more - lost £600 from the trade-in value!

Unfortunately, the general value for the car is showing the same on all the usual sites, so not worth complaining about.
Would be better if Tesla held offer for 90 days, seeing as a large number of deliveries seem to happen at the end of the quarter......