Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Battery degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I had a question regarding battery degradation. I know Tesla says if your batteries are below 70% threshold they will replace the faulty batteries for you in your car.

My vehicle Rated miles are 304 in the Model X 90D. How do i calculate the degradation level, do they calculate the rated miles or the typical miles when changing batteries under warranty?

Thanks!

use this process to calculate the battery capacity. Its from a model 3 but you should be able to get to the same screens on a model x:

A 90D theoretically had 90kWh of energy. When its down to 63kWh of energy, you would have a battery claim.

Upvote 0
Paging the mods, this thread should be moved to the battery subforum.

Posting "paging the mods" will not accomplish what you want. That assumes that the mod for a particular subforum reads every single thread and post that is there. If you want to get a mod for a particular subforums attention, you have to use the report function, to report the thread and say what it is you are reporting it for.

My own opinion is that this thread belongs in the model X battery and charging subforum, but I dont have rights here so I cant move it myself, and am not sure if the mods for this subforum agree, but they wont see it unless you report it.

Upvote 0