Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla battery event Hornsdale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who has got an invite and is planning on driving their Tesla to SA for the event can you please make contact with TOCA using the email address [email protected]. (Thanks to those that have already).

TOCA have been asked to coordinate timings for people passing through the Superchargers between Horsham and Clare. It is in everyone's interest that you register for a time slot as otherwise there could be ten cars turning up at random to a two post sled at the same time.

You don't have to be a TOCA member to register.

Moderators note.
I have just warned 2 members.
Please keep the conversation to the point and civil.
This is a thread about the Hornsdale event, not somewhere to post your opinion about another person or group.
I drove from Melbourne to Adelaide on Tuesday and have stayed in Clare the last two nights. The Clare Supercharger will be ready by next Friday according to the workers onsite. This is the site this morning (attached photo)
IMG_20170922_092608.jpg
. It is on one of the two driveways to the Clare Valley Motel. There are also two 70kmh chargers just behind where I took the photo from and a further two at Mr Mick's in Clare about 2kms away (Photo to follow). I also went to the Jamestown site (about 15ms NW of Jamestown). They are frantically busy!. Finally, the lead at the Clare Supercharger said they are working to have Keith and Franklin St (Adelaide) superchargers ready for next weekend and he thought that they were testing Franklin St today. I will go back via Keith tomorrow and will report on the supercharger there when I get there. (There are 2x 70kmh chargers at the Keith Motel - we stayed there a on the way over to charge- and 3phase at the Keith Showground, but I haven't used it).

H
I drove from Melbourne to Adelaide on Tuesday and have stayed in Clare the last two nights. The Clare Supercharger will be ready by next Friday according to the workers onsite. This is the site this morning (attached photo)View attachment 249070 . It is on one of the two driveways to the Clare Valley Motel. There are also two 70kmh chargers just behind where I took the photo from and a further two at Mr Mick's in Clare about 2kms away (Photo to follow). I also went to the Jamestown site (about 15ms NW of Jamestown). They are frantically busy!. Finally, the lead at the Clare Supercharger said they are working to have Keith and Franklin St (Adelaide) superchargers ready for next weekend and he thought that they were testing Franklin St today. I will go back via Keith tomorrow and will report on the supercharger there when I get there. (There are 2x 70kmh chargers at the Keith Motel - we stayed there a on the way over to charge- and 3phase at the Keith Showground, but I haven't used it).
Here is Mr Micks in Clare this morning (with opening times and chargers visible from the street).
IMG_20170922_091706.jpg

I suspect the ground is sloped and the chargers are vertical. Great for charging if you have the inclination.
Yes, it is on the side of a hill, so the parking bays are on a slope (not too steep, but may cause some door issues for Model X (I did not test it as the workers were busy), but the chargers themselves are level. The 70kmh chargers which are where I took the photo from have long cords too which is good. And there is a more level bay in front of them. I had no door issues.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: RichardMcN and Chuq
Great to see Tesla stepping up and supplying a monster battery, then to get as big a charge of Teslas together as they can for a publicity launch event, they 'supercharge' the construction of the Supercharger Highway!!! The Highway to Adelaide was slated by end of '17. Now we have Clare added and it is only September. I actually think with Hornsdale type installations, the launch of the Model 3 and the Gigafactory coming fully online, the 2019 and 2020 Supercharger map expansions could feature a coast to coast installation (both NS and EW). Tesla as a company is starting to deliver on some of the biggest promises and vision!!

Reactions: Chuq