Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla battery event Hornsdale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite Tesla's recent comment about Supercharging to see the new Tesla Battery it doesn't look like charging will be up and running for 29 September.
IMG_3794.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mike_j
We're going with electric bikes in the back in case we have to abandon ship due to long queues at the Clare Valley Motel destination charger.

100 km? No problem :)

How many TOCA members are planning on staying at Clare Valley Motel? I have booked a room for the Friday night hoping to get some destination charge to get back to Adelaide but now there is also the possible Burra event too so I am suffering some range anxiety.

I have a feeling there's going to be charging congestion at the Clare Valley Motel & Mr Micks on the 28th & 29th.

I wonder if it’d be out of the question for some Supercharger sleds to be installed at either a temporary spot or at the planned permanent location in Clare before the 29th?

That would be impressive.

I have a feeling there's going to be charging congestion at the Clare Valley Motel & Mr Micks on the 28th & 29th.

I wonder if it’d be out of the question for some Supercharger sleds to be installed at either a temporary spot or at the planned permanent location in Clare before the 29th?

I'd doubt it considering Tesla's council submitted proposal included the installation of a 315kW pole mounted transformer.
It'd be a stretch for them to have that done in the next couple of weeks.

I think they'd have to be aiming to have a temporary supercharger there, a large number of cars trying to AC charge is going to be extremely problematic.

Although I guess if Adelaide is done some of the longer range vehicles may get away with little or not charging.

I think they'd have to be aiming to have a temporary supercharger there, a large number of cars trying to AC charge is going to be extremely problematic.

Although I guess if Adelaide is done some of the longer range vehicles may get away with little or not charging.
Keith is on track. Adelaide is on track. If they got a sled to Clare and possibly Horsham it would be an amazing achievement!

How many TOCA members are planning on staying at Clare Valley Motel? I have booked a room for the Friday night hoping to get some destination charge to get back to Adelaide but now there is also the possible Burra event too so I am suffering some range anxiety.

Most club members are staying in Burra. We're also having a brunch in Burra on Saturday morning - come along

email [email protected]

Just received an invite now. Maybe not as many as hoped are taking up the offer? I would really like to go, but again its the issue of finding places to charge. Has anyone checked the Clare Showgrounds for 3 phase x 5 pin? Or any other showgrounds in the area for that matter for those with the plug in equipment?
I have until Friday to reply ...
If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP by Friday, 22 September.

There are destination chargers in Clare if by chance the Superchargers aren't up and running, so 3-ph points somewhat redundant other than to provide additional capacity. But if the superchargers aren't operational I think there will be a lot of problems for many people so Tesla will be pulling all the stops out to make sure they are. I would RSVP and if worry about it closer to the time. Not zero risk though :)

Just received an invite now. Maybe not as many as hoped are taking up the offer? I would really like to go, but again its the issue of finding places to charge. Has anyone checked the Clare Showgrounds for 3 phase x 5 pin? Or any other showgrounds in the area for that matter for those with the plug in equipment?
I have until Friday to reply ...
If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP by Friday, 22 September.
I would say go for it @brewster . From Portland you can sneak to Adelaide via Kingston SE and avoid all the risks associated with the Euroa (expansion), Horsham and Keith superchargers. Of course you are in the mix with everybody else from Adelaide, but there are several options there, and at worst you can get a 50% overnight charge at any caravan park, and at most you will lose a day.

I would say go for it @brewster . From Portland you can sneak to Adelaide via Kingston SE and avoid all the risks associated with the Euroa (expansion), Horsham and Keith superchargers. Of course you are in the mix with everybody else from Adelaide, but there are several options there, and at worst you can get a 50% overnight charge at any caravan park, and at most you will lose a day.

Thanks for the suggestion Richard. I'll probably be staying at my daughters in Kaniva for an overnight charge on Thursday. Maybe a top up at Murray Bridge Showgrounds and another spot in between, prob where I intend to stay overnight.

Reactions: RichardMcN