Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla battery event Hornsdale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla are holding an event to mark the planned installation of the 100 megawatt battery at Hornsdale, near Jamestown in South Australia and it looks like they are inviting Tesla owners. The event is around 240 km drive north of Adelaide. There are 4 destination chargers in Clare (2 at Motel, 2 at local store) which is 100 km south of Hornsdale. If I drive direct to Hornsdale for the event and back to Clare (340km) to overnight, I should make it on one charge is a S85 (easily) or X75D (just). The concern is that if a number of Tesla owners attend then there may not be enough chargers to allow overnight charging to make sure I can get home the next day. Any suggestions?

It would be clever of Tesla to have a big SOLAR charger there :rolleyes:

When the Powershop Tesla was at the Daylesford wind turbines they could have charged it up directly from the turbine, they had 3 phase running out of one of the turbines - but it was in use making coffee and keeping icecream cold (arguably more important).. One turbine per Tesla should be just fine, just hope the wind is blowing :)

Could you guys post the text of invitation? What is the date of the event?

Thanks!

This was shared on reddit yesterday:

qdo4PvH.jpg