Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Begrudgingly “Recalls” FSD Beta for NHTSA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this will be a sticky on all of the vehicle forums shortly:

(moderator note: related threads here…)
FSD Recall? in Software
Recall FUD in Uk

46071715365_d36a6e2bf4_b (1).jpg

"Full Self Driving Tesla" by rulenumberone2 is licensed under CC BY 2.0.
Admin note: Image added for Blog Feed thumbnail

Last edited by a moderator:
FSD takes curvature into account and reduces speed. You surely have seen that ?
Yes, just not consistently and often too late. I don't know if this is due to GPS signal weakness or what.

When I drive home from town, 45 mph speed limit, five 90 degree curves, no warning signs, and two tighter "S" curves with 25 mph warnings, it only slows in time and safely for the 2 right hand 90 degree curves. For the left hand curves, it slows, but only after I have left the curve.

🤷‍♂️

When I drive home from town, 45 mph speed limit, five 90 degree curves, no warning signs, and two tighter "S" curves with 25 mph warnings, it only slows in time and safely for the 2 right hand 90 degree curves. For the left hand curves, it slows, but only after I have left the curve.
Wow I have the opposite problem. Driving up a mildly curvy mountain pass using TACC (I don't have FSD), it slows down way too much. I have to turn off TACC when driving on such roads to avoid driving annoying slowly.

How would the ability to read warning signs help if there are no signs? 🤔
I was responding to @EVNow when he pointed out the function of FSB that does slow down (?map data or vision) for curves without signs. I think that the speed it chooses for a curve isn't what is necessarily safe or best, and following the sign instructions (if they are there) would improve safety.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I was responding to @EVNow when he pointed out the function of FSB that does slow down (?map data or vision) for curves without signs.
OK but besides Safety sings there are literally 100's of signs that are even more important that it needs to "read". Including legal signs like School Zones and No Turn On Red. And even important signs like Road Closed or One Way or Lane Shift Ahead.

“Capturing hand signals soon”

Even HE doesn’t believe half of his claims and promises. 🤣

I honestly don't know, but have you proven that it doesn't or just assuming it? Little things like that get added all the time with no record that they were added.
My S doesn't seem to recognize the hand signals I make to it every time it 🤬 me off...