TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla: Best Loved ;-)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by kendallpb, Nov 23, 2013.

1. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

2. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Agreed. But all of the naysayers are already saying its because it is a new car and because people spent so much money on it. Forgetting that every other car manufacturer with new, and cars of the same price or more, all fell below Tesla's numbers with CR.

3. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

The naysayers are always going to find something bad to say. Best to just ignore them as a bad noise as only time will reduce their numbers. There were also many naysayers for radial tires. It took about thirty years for them to be proven wrong. It's only been about a year since a viable modern electric car started shipping (if we don't count the EV1 which was never built in enough quantities to be readily available).

4. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Well, yes, it IS a big shock.

Along the same lines of Dennis Quaid's answer when asked whether it bothered him that X (call it 99) percent of American men wanted to go to bed with his wife Meg Ryan:

"It does bother me. What's wrong with the other one percent?"

!!!!

5. kendallpb

HAHAHAHAHA . . . thanks, excellent point. I feel sorry for the 6 people in the survey that said they would not buy it again. ;-)

6. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

How was the question phrased? Perhaps some of these 6 plan to keep this car until they expire.

7. kendallpb

LOL. I was figuring they just had a momentary hallucination....

(I'm sure the Q was clear, but I don't know how it was phrased.)

8. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Might have been just one person. I doubt they could have used 100 as the rating if the percentage wasn't 100%. Then again who knows how exactly it works...

9. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

I think it's significant in a validation sort of way for TMC addicts. We're constantly hearing that we're just a bunch of fanboys/girls and that you shouldn't come here to hear both sides. Apparently, there isn't anywhere to go to hear both sides because one side is incredibly small. There can be many, many reasons to simply answer "no" to the question. You may even actually love the car. If you answer yes for whatever reason(s), it says a lot. Nobody that has actually driven my car doesn't want one.

10. kendallpb

I thought I either read or heard that 600 Tesla owners responded, but I may have misunderstood. However many Tesla owners responded, though, that's 100% (they're going by % of responders, not % of owners, of course).

11. reddy

reddy Member

I filled out my consumers report survey online.

My guess is that 1% of the owners had a fat finger and hit the wrong button, hitting no when they meant yes.

Simply no other plausible explanation.