Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Bjorn Nyland parking lot review of BYD e6 in Thailand with short driving session around parking garage.

OK, this is a nice car. I have no doubt they'll sell as many as they can. Tesla's still nicer for various reasons (interface, range, faster charging), but at the right price these will sell like hotcakes; they're better than anything the Western incumbent automakers are making. They seem to have done the soundproofing better than anyone else including Tesla.

OK, this is a nice car. I have no doubt they'll sell as many as they can. Tesla's still nicer for various reasons (interface, range, faster charging), but at the right price these will sell like hotcakes; they're better than anything the Western incumbent automakers are making. They seem to have done the soundproofing better than anyone else including Tesla.

The e6 is absolute garbage. I have yet to see safety ratings for it, and the safety ratings I've seen of other BYD models doesn't instill confidence.

I wouldn't even compare the e6 favorably to an i-Miev.

Did he try accelerating from a stop whilst on a hill?

Skip to 2:58

Watch the video from the start. This vehicle is a complete piece of junk. Drives like crap according to the driver. You can see her moving the steering wheel back and forth and basically nothing happens. Acceleration is HORRIBLE, and they lost 20% battery charge in a few minutes. Chinese garbage.

• Informative
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
INFINITI_Q_Inspiration_Exterior-750x501.jpg

infiniti_q_inspiration_4k_1-750x497.jpg

Allegedly production bound in 2019. With usual "normalization" from concept to production.

I don't believe BYD cars can be sold in a lot of countries because they don't meet their safety standards. Installing all the necessary safety equipment would probably make them perform even worse.
For what it’s worth, the BYD e6 is certified for sale under California state emissions regulations:

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2017/byd_pc_a4050006_0_z_e.pdf

I think the intent was to allow for possible fleet sales. BYD has apparently been talking about attempting general public sales in 2-3 years.

Yeah, I know... It is more than that. The shape of the glass reminds me more of Model X / 3 than other cars.

Way back in 2007 (!) before we knew anything about Tesla design style (no Model S / X / 3 yet), I posted a bunch of pictures to this thread throwing out ideas of what I thought were good starting points: WhiteStar styling ideas

Among them was the Alfa Romeo Visconti concept car which had the giant pano roof.
visconti1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I know... It is more than that. The shape of the glass reminds me more of Model X / 3 than other cars.

Way back in 2007 (!) before we knew anything about Tesla design style (no Model S / X / 3 yet), I posted a bunch of pictures to this thread throwing out ideas of what I thought were good starting points: WhiteStar styling ideas

Among them was the Alfa Romeo Visconti concept car which had the giant pano roof.
View attachment 272852
Tesla Roadster first deliveries were 2008.

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3