Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1648815601549.png

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and CorneliusXX
Kia Niro? Do they even make those anymore? That was a junky old gas car conversion.

Oh, data is from 13 months ago.

No, data is last three months. I didn't notice they did not label the chart correctly.

For only March 2022 Niro was in 4th place in Sweden.

1648841303247.png

• Informative
Reactions: replicant
Tesla better watch out!

DETROIT / TOKYO – General Motors (NYSE: GM) and Honda (NYSE: HMC) today announced plans to expand the two companies’ relationship to a new chapter by codeveloping a series of affordable electric vehicles based on a new global architecture using next-generation Ultium battery technology.

The companies are working together to enable global production of millions of EVs starting in 2027, including compact crossover vehicles, leveraging the two companies’ technology, design and sourcing strategies.

I really like what I'm seeing in the sneak peek. I hope that's stainless steel.

I really hope they make a compelling car and can eventually scale with profit. I signed up on their website and will be cheering them on!

Reactions: KJD
Sono Motors has partnered with Valmet Automotive, and their Sion will be produced at Valmets factory in Finland. Production is guided to start 2023.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Its good to have goals.

View attachment 794905

So their plan is to be up to 50% EV sales in 8 years? 8 years is a long time. 8 years ago Tesla announced the GigaFactory 1, AP1, and dual motor drive. Since then they have put three cars into production, announced quite a few innovations, completed a second car factory, and have 2 more under construction.

8 years is kind of a long time to get to 50% EVs when the leader is moving on ahead.

Reactions: navguy12
If anyone thinks Europe is going to reduce EV targets for the European market with the Russia-Ukraine issue needs to get their head checked. With Tesla showing it is possible to build profitable EVs in Europe, with a general green push and a specific anti-Russian anti-ICE push the targets will go up. I will not be suprised to see EV sales to be easily 80% in Europe in 2030. Some countries will be 100% and some poorer and not as technologically advanced countries might be 50% though their new car market is typically pretty small.