Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full renders of the new Delorean, other than the doors it doesn't seem to have much connection to the original design front end seems odd to me. I like the rear view and the wheels.

1654098374742.png

Full renders of the new Delorean, other than the doors it doesn't seem to have much connection to the original design front end seems odd to me. I like the rear view and the wheels.

View attachment 811432

ho hum. Is it just me, or are all these "new" designs derivative now? The classic delorean was a classic because of its gull wings and stainless steel shell. The shape simply followed from it. This delorean doesn't seem to differ much from the Faraday/Fiskar/Lotus in the world. I think this thing's DOA.

Reactions: mongo and JRP3
ho hum. Is it just me, or are all these "new" designs derivative now? The classic delorean was a classic because of its gull wings and stainless steel shell. The shape simply followed from it. This delorean doesn't seem to differ much from the Faraday/Fiskar/Lotus in the world. I think this thing's DOA.
The Lucid Corvette? (Javelin?)

Reactions: navguy12 and JRP3
Summer range test by NAF/Motor in Norway was completed today. They had 30 cars following the same route until they stopped. It was 10C (50F) and rainy, so not the typical US summer, but it's still good to see how new cars compare.

The record still belongs to the Model 3 with 654.9 km last summer.

"Thirty-one cars were driven in range tests. Only 10 cars went as far as WLTP polls suggested. With changing weather, scattered rain showers and between 7 and 15 degrees, the range became far away from the summer listings we have had in the past. In the last two years, we have driven 50 cars in the summer tests. Only three of the cars went shorter than the WLTP range in the two tests. But this time the results were dramatically poorer.

The two Mercedes models EQS 450+ and EQS 580 4MATIC have WLTP of 711 and 645 km respectively, but were nowhere near those figures. Due to problems reading the exact range in the display of these models when they are running completely out of power, we must come back with the exact numbers as soon as they are ready. The preliminary figures are 620 km for the EQS 450+ and 596 km for the EQS 580 4MATIC. Thus, the range record still belongs to the Tesla Model 3 at 654.9 km from last summer.

Some cars that impressed: The new Tesla Model Y went over 7 percent over WLTP, while the two BMW models i4 M50 and i4 eDrive40 stopped a little bit above the WLTP estimate."

Full Results:
1654111803895.png

This just makes me laugh for so many reasons...as if they can pull it off, great. Probability they can pull it off? Very low. Probability they'll be selling Tesla reg credits until they file for something else? Very high...

1. Large SUV that goes 500+ miles
2. Plant that currently makes the Chrysler 300 thru 2024
3. Details to come later...

"Stellantis, which owns the Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Maserati brands, said the Brampton plant will build an unannounced vehicle, and will provide more details at a later date."

Saw a sick Audi EV sedan in North Philly yesterday, turned every head in the neighborhood. Did some googling and I assume it was an RS e-tron GT(wonderful name! lol)?

2022-audi-rs-e-tron-gt-116-1612889631.jpg

It was great to see something in person that's a real competitor to the Model S. At least on the exterior. I assume Audi is capable of engineering a drivetrain that's at least acceptable.

Hopefully some day these clowns all get their act together and can manufacture products like this at scale profitably.

This just makes me laugh for so many reasons...as if they can pull it off, great. Probability they can pull it off? Very low. Probability they'll be selling Tesla reg credits until they file for something else? Very high...

"Stellantis, which owns the Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Alfa Romeo and Maserati brands, said the Brampton plant will build an unannounced vehicle, and will provide more details at a later date."

Stellantis is promising a large EV that goes 500 miles on a 118 kWh pack. In other words a Lucid Air Dream clone/competitor. This is the teaser they provided.

1654529939771.png

Artist Rendering

1654529991630.png

Not a large SUV. This is an STLA Large vehicle. Likely a replacement for Chrysler 300,Dodge Charger & Challenger. The large SUV will be built on STLA Frame vehicle.

Still a very tall order by ~2025?

Saw a sick Audi EV sedan in North Philly yesterday, turned every head in the neighborhood. Did some googling and I assume it was an RS e-tron GT(wonderful name! lol)?

It was great to see something in person that's a real competitor to the Model S. At least on the exterior. I assume Audi is capable of engineering a drivetrain that's at least acceptable.

Hopefully some day these clowns all get their act together and can manufacture products like this at scale profitably.
Etron GT is a Taycan clone.

VW Group sold 6k Etron GTs and 41k Taycans in 2021. Near the Model S peak.

My guess is the ASP is around $150k.

I don't doubt they are profitable.

My car enthusiast friend love to get test drives. After driving the Taycan he wanted one. But they are expensive. So he jumped at the chance to try this Audi since he really like the way it looks. And was very dissapointed. "My 2017 Model S 75D drives better and faster" he said. "But it's a nice car for those who won't try a Tesla on principle."

Stellantis has such pie in the sky announcements I'm skeptical they will manage to deliver. They think they will get 500 miles out of a 118KWH pack? Tesla is the range leader by a wide margin and they are only able to get less than 400 miles out of 100 KWH. What is it going to be a drivetrain+battery pack with a driver's seat plopped on top? I haven't seen any evidence the Chrysler division has secured a battery supply.

Reactions: Discoducky
Stellantis has such pie in the sky announcements I'm skeptical they will manage to deliver. They think they will get 500 miles out of a 118KWH pack? Tesla is the range leader by a wide margin and they are only able to get less than 400 miles out of 100 KWH. What is it going to be a drivetrain+battery pack with a driver's seat plopped on top? I haven't seen any evidence the Chrysler division has secured a battery supply.

BTW Lucid got 520 miles from 118 kWh in the Air Dream and 516 miles from 112 kWh in the GT. That is net. Observers that have done range test and looked at the Data think there is 2-3 kWh buffer.

Last edited:

BTW Lucid got 520 miles from 118 kWh in the Air Dream and 516 miles from 112 kWh in the GT. That is net. Observers that have done range test and looked at the Data think there is 2-3 kWh buffer.

I guess I stand corrected.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Congrats to Ford for selling a bunch more Mach e's in May as well as 201 Lightnings.

I'll be interested to compare market share percentages for Q2. I think Model Y will gain, but the race is on for truck market share with Rivian and Ford.

Mach-e is the 20th best selling BEV in the world. Not bad for a non clean sheet ground up BEV design. Not a compliance car either but a how can we make a "Ford Model Y" raiding the Ford corporate parts bin as much as possible.

The F-150 Lightning is an ICE F-150 conversion and Ford stopped taking orders at somewhere over 200k reservations. And Ford delivered 201 more Lightnings this May than Tesla delivered Cybertrucks.

The F-150 Lightning is an ICE F-150 conversion

Not quite.
F150 Lightning has it's own frame, new unique motors (not used on mach-e), new battery system (SK innovation , not LG), new suspension (rear independent), completely redesigned front end and coolant architecture to host a very large "mega-power frunk", new to F150 large center display (from mach-e), new braking system (for the much higher weight).

It shares the rear bed and interior seats with the existing F150.