Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Blacklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here I thought all the other states had cracked down on that nonsense loophole so that people could avoid paying their registration and/or property taxes. Hm.
No sales tax on EVs here in NJ anyway, and registration is about $85 annually; I guess that’s one way of cracking down, huh? Make it painless to just do things the right way.

If people are thinking this is some form of avoiding taxes, you might want to point out to your state that Uhaul does not register a single vehicle in whatever state you are in, yet they are doing business in all 50 states. Every single one of their vehicles is registered in Arizona.

Having a vehicle registered to a business is not avoiding anything. It is a legal strategy. As far as the registration, after a certain age vehicles registered in Montana get a permanent plate. Then you don’t have any further ongoing registration cost. Still completely legal. Just because states like California don’t like it that other states have options like this, that’s on California not on Montana or any other state. It doesn’t change the fact that U-Haul vehicles are not registered in California, yet operate there every single day. And California is upset about this why? Because they see it that they are losing out on the registration fees.

I have! Usually I only keep the cars for a few months
pretty sure that's around the same time cars sit on dealer lots so u look like a dealer to them...
What upsets me more is that the Sales Managers, Sales Center, and Sales rep knew exactly what I was doing, but didnt warn me or anything. They kept letting me buy the cars. I wish they would have warned me because I honestly would have done any of this.
Aren't they get some sort of commissions? that would explain why they only care about selling...

If people are thinking this is some form of avoiding taxes, you might want to point out to your state that Uhaul does not register a single vehicle in whatever state you are in, yet they are doing business in all 50 states. Every single one of their vehicles is registered in Arizona.

Having a vehicle registered to a business is not avoiding anything. It is a legal strategy. As far as the registration, after a certain age vehicles registered in Montana get a permanent plate. Then you don’t have any further ongoing registration cost. Still completely legal. Just because states like California don’t like it that other states have options like this, that’s on California not on Montana or any other state. It doesn’t change the fact that U-Haul vehicles are not registered in California, yet operate there every single day. And California is upset about this why? Because they see it that they are losing out on the registration fees.
U-Haul uses a vehicle registration system called the International Registration Plan or IRP. The program allows for companies across Canada and the United States to register their vehicle fleets in one location while still paying the appropriate fees to the places their vehicles are used.

Source: a handful of internet sites.

I don’t think that makes it legal for individuals.

Where do you insure the vehicle? State of registration or state where principally garaged?

I think you knew what the "fine print" said and figured you'd do it anyway. I've lived a good long life watching people working the edges of what's wrong and then complaining when they get shut down, and you definitely fit the profile. And the same slime is on the dealers who figured you could buy more Teslas from them, whether right or wrong. Looks like you'll have to find another way to make money. I'd suggest education that would let you find a job in some good field, but it probably won't pay enough to interest you.
The above first message was for you

So I run a Turo business where I rent out Teslas. I buy many Teslas, and most of my renters end up buying my cars.

I got an email from Tesla today saying "Loss prevention team has informed me that we will have to black list you from further purchases. As it turns out, reselling vehicles is against the order agreement. Please note that this decision is final and we will be cancelling all pending orders."

Has anyone else ever experienced or heard of this?

I think the portion I bolded from the post you used to start this thread should be taken seriously.

Apparently Tesla is blacklisting families now. I was banned from buying Teslas because of my Turo business and now Tesla has banned my brother and father too. They have never sold a Tesla in their life. It said "BLACK LIST -- RESELLER" on their profile.

Poor family. Did they get a call too? When you say their profile you mean their online app instead of a name it says black list? Imagine having to look at that every day