Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Blacklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling that quickly makes you look like a reseller even if you aren't
Staying in a public forum that you’re going to sell for a profit & re-order because you don’t mind waiting sure doesn’t help that case, either. Sure sounds like profiteering to me. They can claim “I just didn’t like it” all they want, but that declaration of intent was pretty blatant.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I'm for that as well and in agreement. However, I believe if a manufacturer wants to do that, have the buyer sign a statement saying they agree to keep the new vehicle for a certain amount of time before selling.

I was not made aware by anyone at Tesla, I could not sell the MXP if I wasn't satisfied with it.
They did inform you and you signed it.

And no, if you sell 1 or two cars, even for profit they won’t come after you. But if you start selling 3-5 they will. I don’t know the exact thresholds. A healthy private sale market is good for Tesla. Folks buying, selling and renting for the purposes of a business, Tesla, feels is not. They want a cut if you do that ;) And they want to control it. To maintain the brands reputation.

Does it have legal standing, no idea.

I don’t blame Tesla and agree with Tesla.

It’s similar to the whole Apple App Store debate charging developers 30% etc. Not allowing outside revenue. Apple built the platform and they want a cut of all profits that leverage it. Apple wants to maintain a closed system that they fully control.

Tesla has been following Apples model all along.

I have not seen anyone, here or anywhere else get banned for quickly selling one vehicle. It has always come out that they had 1 dozen orders, or flipped a hand full of vehicles in a short period of time. I am only guessing based upon the fact that we know Tesla has employees watch public forums and search for vehicles that were being resold that your post stating that you were going to sell it for a profit and order another one might have been seen and flagged by someone at Tesla if your statement is accurate that this is the only time this has happened involving you.

With that being said, there are always ways around stuff like this so let me know if you want a hand with that.

So I run a Turo business where I rent out Teslas. I buy many Teslas, and most of my renters end up buying my cars.

I got an email from Tesla today saying "Loss prevention team has informed me that we will have to black list you from further purchases. As it turns out, reselling vehicles is against the order agreement. Please note that this decision is final and we will be cancelling all pending orders."

Has anyone else ever experienced or heard of this?
Hi Rishabh,

I am also a victim of similar situation. I got unlucky become they canceled my 8 orders on which I already had a profit of 10-25k per car due to recent price increases. I reached out to a few lawyers and got some feedback on how to resolve this matter. Do let me know if you would like to get on a call with me.

Andy

Hi Rishabh,

I am also a victim of similar situation. I got unlucky become they canceled my 8 orders on which I already had a profit of 10-25k per car due to recent price increases. I reached out to a few lawyers and got some feedback on how to resolve this matter. Do let me know if you would like to get on a call with me.

Andy

“Victim” is a strong word for a scalper. I prefer the term “successful culling.” I’m quoting your entire post for preservation, so once you share the order agreement with your lawyer, they’ll see your clear intent to resell. Kinda hard to wriggle your way out of that.

20DF8036-86D2-45A4-BAA6-980D6B00ADA1.jpeg

I can understand that, but you can't assume.

Either way it's fine. I still have a MYP and might sell it, although I love it, because Tesla has left me sour. I've had that 4 months and I'll probably get another ban for selling that too.

Other manufactures are rolling out with electric vehicles so it's not the end of the world.

More importantly, I just wanted people to be aware that if you don't like your Tesla after a few days, expect a ban if you sell it. If you take a loss, you might still get banned by Tesla for "Decreasing the value of their products" in the pre owned market.
I'm surprised I haven't been banned for transferring a reservation. Though if I tried to do that multiple times, I bet I'd get banned.

Scalper [ˈskalpər] NOUN informal. :
A person who found a way to make money without violating the law, who makes those around him feel stupid and angry for not figuring it out themselves, forcing said people to come up with ways to express that anger in screeds posing as moral superiority.
lol, we're not the one who got banned by Tesla for violating their ToS and then decided to post here to express outrage at the situation.

spongebob-mr.gif

A person who found a way to make money without violating the law, who makes those around him feel stupid and angry for not figuring it out themselves, forcing said people to come up with ways to express that anger in screeds posing as moral superiority.

Never felt stupid for one second. PO’d that vehicles are queued up and legitimate orders are backed up behind bottom feeders, yes, absolutely.

But stupid? No. I actually read things I sign.

Breaking the law? No. But Tesla isn't either by deciding not to do business with them.

But happy to see Tesla develop and enforce a policy that ensures the end user ends up with the product.

So flippers are violating the purchase agreement with Tesla and Tesla has the right to ban them.

The end.

Yep. A Montana LLC is the red flag for a someone doing a car business as a side hustle.

Or perhaps it is just a person who practices asset management for themselves, for whatever reasons OTHER than operating a car business. I have a Montana LLC owning all my vehicles, and there isn't a profit-making one in the bunch. But it cuts down on the insurance and registration costs, which serves my purposes.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Or perhaps it is just a person who practices asset management for themselves, for whatever reasons OTHER than operating a car business. I have a Montana LLC owning all my vehicles, and there isn't a profit-making one in the bunch. But it cuts down on the insurance and registration costs, which serves my purposes.
Here I thought all the other states had cracked down on that nonsense loophole so that people could avoid paying their registration and/or property taxes. Hm.