Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla blog post - Charging Is Our Priority

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The existing one in Woodbridge, VA isn't even on the new map. Hopefully just overlooked rather than a planned change.
That is sorta weird; and I agree on the pin placement. Every one seems to be precisely on the map name slug; National Harbor is right 'there', Fairfax looks like a good location, but it's also right on 'Fairfax', same for Tysons, etc. They may not even have permitted locations yet, who knows, at this point.

Nice, so the whole "supercharging isn't for local use" thing just went out the window. Now they are saying that new centers will be built specifically designed to accommodate local supercharging. Interesting development.

Charging Is Our Priority
Yep, first time I think I've seen in writing that 'cleared for urban/local action' was stated so clearly. I think with all the 3 rezs with urban addresses, they knew they had to do something.

That is sorta weird; and I agree on the pin placement. Every one seems to be precisely on the map name slug; National Harbor is right 'there', Fairfax looks like a good location, but it's also right on 'Fairfax', same for Tysons, etc. They may not even have permitted locations yet, who knows, at this point.
Agree most (if not all) new ones are probably just shown in the "town center" temporarily. Funny they have chosen Tysons as a location considering that millions have just been spent to add 4 new metro stops there to get cars out of Tysons. :eek:

Nice, so the whole "supercharging isn't for local use" thing just went out the window. Now they are saying that new centers will be built specifically designed to accommodate local supercharging. Interesting development.

Charging Is Our Priority
The writing was on the wall as soon as they ended the free supercharging. That addressed the last concern about freeloading locals (with home charging) hogging the city superchargers from those that actually need it. A local supercharging scheme with it still being free is unworkable, but once they made it paid, it becomes viable.

Agree most (if not all) new ones are probably just shown in the "town center" temporarily. Funny they have chosen Tysons as a location considering that millions have just been spent to add 4 new metro stops there to get cars out of Tysons. :eek:
Um, you can't be from DC if you think WMATA/Metro is actually working.... :) Caught you! :)