Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla blog site - feedback sought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveW

May 21, 2019
Beds, UK
Afternoon all,

I noticed that pretty much everything I was putting on my personal wordpress site was Tesla related (obsessed much!), so decided to move that content over to a dedicated domain on the same hosting to give some separation and make it a bit more focused.

One key aim is to make sure this site isn’t perceived as another referral bottom scraper site, I’ve purposely only got the Tesla (and Bulb) referral details on a dedicated page explaining what they all are, there’s a Topcashback one on the insurance page (as a lot of people don’t seem to know about this and LV for example will give you £36 back) and details again on the external PCP vs PCH google sheet.

I’ve been creating original content, things like the cost to charge calculators were done by me for me, the iOS / Android shortcut icons were designed/drawn by me, I’ve re-written the guide I did on using the teslausb Pi to work with Google Drive (re-built mine to test it), car cleaning guides (good feedback on here for those) based on real life experience etc.. some of it will obviously be information out there on the internet, but I’ve tried to ensure I’m not just regurgitating old information for the sake of it and adding real life experience to it where possible.

I’ve still got a long list of entries to create to as and when I’ve got time and motivation in this very strange time (feel like I’m constantly stuck in the home office / working). One of the main limitations of not just churning out content for the sake of it, is my experience is mainly limited to my Model 3 ownership but I’m trying to round this out where I can.

I might still review the design/template, as I’m having some issues site speed wise on mobile (desktop should be very fast) and I’d like to personalise some of the page banners etc..

Any constructive feedback welcome :)

Site is: TeslaEV.co.uk - UK Tesla guide - Help and information for Tesla owners and fans in the UK

Dave.

I think your guides miss out quite a lot of details if I compare them to others

If I compare your guide to setting up storage for sentry mode you don't seem to touch on issues with Fat 32 on windows or how to partition a larger device for sentry mode and music - that's covered both on this group and on web sites like this one:

Tesla storage set-up for sentry mode and dashcam

Similar with some of the others, they come across very much as a "this is how I do it" and not a "depending what you want, this is what you may need to do". Style wise it looks pretty but ultimately substance wins. Just my 2p

Reactions: DaveW
I think your guides miss out quite a lot of details if I compare them to others

If I compare your guide to setting up storage for sentry mode you don't seem to touch on issues with Fat 32 on windows or how to partition a larger device for sentry mode and music - that's covered both on this group and on web sites like this one:

Tesla storage set-up for sentry mode and dashcam

Similar with some of the others, they come across very much as a "this is how I do it" and not a "depending what you want, this is what you may need to do". Style wise it looks pretty but ultimately substance wins. Just my 2p

Thanks for that, I’ll give it some thought as I agree, it’s very much a ‘this is how I do it’ type guide right now, hadn’t even considered it until now :)

3D printing I'd add Frunk hooks

Similarly there are those tri-hooks for screwing on the the exposed threads in the boot again for hanging bags on
(not sure if 3D printable)

Cargo mats - and how to tidy up the hideously unfinished looking frunk area

As you are a cleaning obsessive how about an FAQ on de-gravelling the underside protective panels :confused:

Reactions: DaveW
3D printing I'd add Frunk hooks

Similarly there are those tri-hooks for screwing on the the exposed threads in the boot again for hanging bags on
(not sure if 3D printable)

Cargo mats - and how to tidy up the hideously unfinished looking frunk area

As you are a cleaning obsessive how about an FAQ on de-gravelling the underside protective panels :confused:

Some good points there @DaddyCool

Although regarding the underneath, I’ll think I’ll pretend I didn’t read that, my wife already mocks me for how much time / how often I clean the car, don’t need to be out there longer :)

• Funny
Reactions: DaddyCool