Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Board of Directors: Get control over your CEO's Twitter Account!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It needs to be obsessed over and screamed as loud as possible. We really need Elon to be successful with Tesla and Twitter is his Achilles heel. He's behaved for 7 days now and TSLA is starting to recover but one errant tweet and down we go again.

I sincerely hope he tweets something just to ruffle your feathers... You're so grossly overreacting about this, it's absurd... Why do you need multiple threads of your own, plus additional ranting in other threads, to cover this?

Jeff

Reactions: oneday
That's quite a statement to make... It's not Kool-aid, it's simple logic. NO ONE could have done what Elon has done with Tesla, it's a fools errand to try to chase him out now...

It's not logic. There are billions of people on this planet. Have you personally done an accounting of the skills of every last one of them? Elon Musk is a smart guy but he's not as precious and irreplaceable as his acolytes make him out to be. When I see this sort of naive/childhlike hero-worship it just makes me cringe. I know, psychologically, why people's eyes gloss over and they start banging out these odes to the guy but they are all overstating the case.

It's not logic. There are billions of people on this planet. Have you personally done an accounting of the skills of every last one of them? Elon Musk is a smart guy but he's not as precious and irreplaceable as his acolytes make him out to be. When I see this sort of naive/childhlike hero-worship it just makes me cringe. I know, psychologically, why people's eyes gloss over and they start banging out these odes to the guy but they are all overstating the case.

Yet none of them managed to do it until Elon... So yeah, he is pretty freaking special and it's pretty freaking ridiculous to even suggest he be removed from it... If you don't like what he's doing, don't buy the product and/or don't invest in the stock... Otherwise, what's your point?

Jeff

Yet none of them managed to do it until Elon...

None of whom? And what motivation would "them" have to "do it"? It's not like Tesla's making a profit and even Elon himself said that starting a car company was stupid and risky. All I see here is a big "mission accomplished" banner on an aircraft carrier. In other words, fanbois counting their chickens before they are hatched and congratulating Elon in advance for something he hasn't truly "done" yet, which is to create a truly sustainable business. What he has done is create a business that has had to continue to reach for more and more debt in order to stay alive.

• Love
  • Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and oneday
None of whom? And what motivation would "them" have to "do it"? It's not like Tesla's making a profit and even Elon himself said that starting a car company was stupid and risky. All I see here is a big "mission accomplished" banner on an aircraft carrier. In other words, fanbois counting their chickens before they are hatched and congratulating Elon in advance for something he hasn't truly "done" yet, which is to create a truly sustainable business. What he has done is create a business that has had to continue to reach for more and more debt in order to stay alive.

Why are you here? Seriously? You couldn't be more off base in your claims yet you keep making them...

Jeff

It needs to be obsessed over and screamed as loud as possible. We really need Elon to be successful with Tesla and Twitter is his Achilles heel. He's behaved for 7 days now and TSLA is starting to recover but one errant tweet and down we go again.

I understand what you are saying and I agree....

Only thing I would emphasize is that Elon is already successful as an individual. However Tesla isn't.

So..what its going to take is for Elon to think of Tesla and its shareholders "first" before he tweets or speaks. Its not a crime if he doesn't, however its up to him to decide where he is going to put his priorities.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT