Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Body Repair Center Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else now being told that parts delays are significant on all models due (possible) to delays related to the new Texas plant? My insurance adjuster basically said “we will keep updating you but the shop has your Y and three other model 3s waiting for parts that are back ordered with no delivery date specified.” Will call with an update next week. Five weeks in the shop so far and counting...

Repairs with a Tesla is the one reason (for now) my family needs to keep one ICE. You just never know how long it will take (usually it’s a month+). With an ICE, we can be in and out with a perfectly fixed car from any reputable body shop within a week guaranteed. One of my neighbors just replaced their two cars: a Model 3 and a CR-V.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed with Tesla in this regard after all these years. And I think this is one aspect that surprises many new EV converts with a Tesla.

Anyone else now being told that parts delays are significant on all models due (possible) to delays related to the new Texas plant? My insurance adjuster basically said “we will keep updating you but the shop has your Y and three other model 3s waiting for parts that are back ordered with no delivery date specified.” Will call with an update next week. Five weeks in the shop so far and counting...

I had to wait 2 weeks for a repeater camera to ship

• Helpful
Reactions: lachambers
Repairs with a Tesla is the one reason (for now) my family needs to keep one ICE. You just never know how long it will take (usually it’s a month+). With an ICE, we can be in and out with a perfectly fixed car from any reputable body shop within a week guaranteed. One of my neighbors just replaced their two cars: a Model 3 and a CR-V.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed with Tesla in this regard after all these years. And I think this is one aspect that surprises many new EV converts with a Tesla.
Definitely an unwelcome surprise for this new Tesla owner. I suppose the silver lining of the pandemic is that I don't really have many places to go :p.

I have been waiting for 5 months for a model 3 hood and windshield. Turns out the authorized Tesla repair shop lied to me and never ordered the parts. Got my money back and now starting over again at the Tesla service center--at the time of the damage, they didn't do those repairs. Now they do. Good luck!

I have been waiting for 5 months for a model 3 hood and windshield. Turns out the authorized Tesla repair shop lied to me and never ordered the parts. Got my money back and now starting over again at the Tesla service center--at the time of the damage, they didn't do those repairs. Now they do. Good luck!
And I thought I had it bad. It's been nearly two months without a car and I've been on edge the whole time while making monthly payments. Going through a Tesla body shop and without a doubt there is hardly a way to communicate with them. I have $7k worth of damage.

And I thought I had it bad. It's been nearly two months without a car and I've been on edge the whole time while making monthly payments. Going through a Tesla body shop and without a doubt there is hardly a way to communicate with them. I have $7k worth of damage.
So sorry to hear that. My experience was a bit of fraud. The shop never ordered the parts--I am not sure what game they were playing? I wasn't going to walk away from the $2400 I gave them from USAA. In the meantime Denver has opened a Tesla owned body shop so I am starting all over again at the end of the month

Houston Tx
12/26 - Rear ended
2/14 - first available service appointment.
2/14 came and the shop still didn’t have the parts.
3/1 - Back ordered parts finally arrive.
3/4 - drop car off
3/11 - notified that additional damage found. Parts ordered.
3/14 - Still waiting. 76 days have passed