Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Body Repair Center Wait Time

BLMA

Sep 23, 2020
New York
Anyone else now being told that parts delays are significant on all models due (possible) to delays related to the new Texas plant? My insurance adjuster basically said “we will keep updating you but the shop has your Y and three other model 3s waiting for parts that are back ordered with no delivery date specified.” Will call with an update next week. Five weeks in the shop so far and counting...

TespaceX

May 1, 2020
CA
Repairs with a Tesla is the one reason (for now) my family needs to keep one ICE. You just never know how long it will take (usually it’s a month+). With an ICE, we can be in and out with a perfectly fixed car from any reputable body shop within a week guaranteed. One of my neighbors just replaced their two cars: a Model 3 and a CR-V.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed with Tesla in this regard after all these years. And I think this is one aspect that surprises many new EV converts with a Tesla.

Aug 7, 2020
USA
Anyone else now being told that parts delays are significant on all models due (possible) to delays related to the new Texas plant? My insurance adjuster basically said “we will keep updating you but the shop has your Y and three other model 3s waiting for parts that are back ordered with no delivery date specified.” Will call with an update next week. Five weeks in the shop so far and counting...

I had to wait 2 weeks for a repeater camera to ship

• Helpful
Reactions: lachambers

BLMA

Sep 23, 2020
New York
Repairs with a Tesla is the one reason (for now) my family needs to keep one ICE. You just never know how long it will take (usually it’s a month+). With an ICE, we can be in and out with a perfectly fixed car from any reputable body shop within a week guaranteed. One of my neighbors just replaced their two cars: a Model 3 and a CR-V.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed with Tesla in this regard after all these years. And I think this is one aspect that surprises many new EV converts with a Tesla.
Definitely an unwelcome surprise for this new Tesla owner. I suppose the silver lining of the pandemic is that I don't really have many places to go :p.

Pommie

May 27, 2019
Boulder, CO
I have been waiting for 5 months for a model 3 hood and windshield. Turns out the authorized Tesla repair shop lied to me and never ordered the parts. Got my money back and now starting over again at the Tesla service center--at the time of the damage, they didn't do those repairs. Now they do. Good luck!

takaris7

Mar 18, 2021
Washington DC
I have been waiting for 5 months for a model 3 hood and windshield. Turns out the authorized Tesla repair shop lied to me and never ordered the parts. Got my money back and now starting over again at the Tesla service center--at the time of the damage, they didn't do those repairs. Now they do. Good luck!
And I thought I had it bad. It's been nearly two months without a car and I've been on edge the whole time while making monthly payments. Going through a Tesla body shop and without a doubt there is hardly a way to communicate with them. I have $7k worth of damage.

Pommie

May 27, 2019
Boulder, CO
And I thought I had it bad. It's been nearly two months without a car and I've been on edge the whole time while making monthly payments. Going through a Tesla body shop and without a doubt there is hardly a way to communicate with them. I have $7k worth of damage.
So sorry to hear that. My experience was a bit of fraud. The shop never ordered the parts--I am not sure what game they were playing? I wasn't going to walk away from the $2400 I gave them from USAA. In the meantime Denver has opened a Tesla owned body shop so I am starting all over again at the end of the month

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC