Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Body Repair Centre Dartford; Any Experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I was hit this morning in my 2.5 month Model 3 and now need some body repairs. Given the horror stories on here with third parties and the general lack of experience most body shops have with EVs, I went looking for some dedicated body shops.

As I was hunting, I discovered a Tesla owned body shop in Dartford. I hadn’t realised they did body work here now.

Has anyone had experience with repairs here? My assumption was that they’d have better access to parts and would also know how to properly take care of an EV when being repaired (ie maintaining SOC).

I think Dartford did most of the functional/structural repairs on my Model X back in 2017 when the front of it was ripped off by a lorry. I have no complaints; it took forever to get fixed because of shipping parts from Fremont, but that was a long time ago (although I suspect you'll be subject to parts supply issues currently). Fastlane Paint & Body did cosmetic fixes as an approved body shop, and they have really great customer service and a lifetime guarantee.

A week of owning my Tesla, I had a bit of roof tile from a storm dent the metal between the door and glass.

Dartford repaired this and resprayed it, but after a week the paint was blistering, they took it back and repainted the impacted area, good job at the second attempt.

Gary lead tech was really helpful.

A week of owning my Tesla, I had a bit of roof tile from a storm dent the metal between the door and glass.

Dartford repaired this and resprayed it, but after a week the paint was blistering, they took it back and repainted the impacted area, good job at the second attempt.

Gary lead tech was really helpful.
That sounds bad, that they had to re-do a paint job. Expectations are high for the Dartford one since its owned by Tesla.
My thoughts are that they really didn't care about the job, because they have so many and that because it is cosmetic only.

I have been informed by the insurer that the above is cosmetic so it shouldn't be too much a problem right? EV bodyshops seem to have good reviews with a lifetime bodyshop warranty