Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Body Shop repair - outstanding!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another drive recently backed into the driver door of my Model 3. I was worried about how long the repair process might take with the current production issues (and wondered if it would be difficult to obtain the needed parts quickly). However, I could not be more pleased. As soon as I had the go-ahead from the insurance company, Tesla ordered a replacement door to be sent from California to the Tesla body shop in Dallas. It arrived within a week, and the shop had me bring my car in the following day. My car was returned to me in under 24 hours - as good as new. I was so impressed and appreciative!

Another drive recently backed into the driver door of my Model 3. I was worried about how long the repair process might take with the current production issues (and wondered if it would be difficult to obtain the needed parts quickly). However, I could not be more pleased. As soon as I had the go-ahead from the insurance company, Tesla ordered a replacement door to be sent from California to the Tesla body shop in Dallas. It arrived within a week, and the shop had me bring my car in the following day. My car was returned to me in under 24 hours - as good as new. I was so impressed and appreciative!

Was the door painted at the factory or at the Bodyshop?

@kendallas I was told the Dallas Tesla body shop is not open yet? They said they’re set up and almost ready to go but not quite open yet. You sure it was Tesla that did the work? If so that’s great to hear!

Yes, Tesla did the work. My understanding is that they opened in July, but they aren't operating at full capacity yet (meaning that they aren't ready to do major rebuilds at this point). Tesla had me submit pics of my damaged car to one of their reps in Fremont. He did a preliminary repair estimate and also contacted insurance to work things out. Since my damage was localized to one area, they said they were equipped to handle that repair.

Yes, Tesla did the work. My understanding is that they opened in July, but they aren't operating at full capacity yet (meaning that they aren't ready to do major rebuilds at this point). Tesla had me submit pics of my damaged car to one of their reps in Fremont. He did a preliminary repair estimate and also contacted insurance to work things out. Since my damage was localized to one area, they said they were equipped to handle that repair.
How did you get in contact with the Dallas body repair shop? I've been told they only respond to email. I've sent multiple, with no response.