Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Brand All Weather Interior Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and am looking for high quality floor mats to combat the mud, dirt, rain, snow we get throughout the year. I have seen the threads on 3D MAXpider and ToughPro mats, but am not very excited about their design, or potential durability.

Does anyone own the Tesla mats for any model (I have an X), and can offer an opinion on those?

Seattle area here. I have the tesla branded mats in the front seats, and the generic weathertech ones in rows 2, 3, and the frunk. I believe weathertech makes the tesla branded ones, and the quality is identical. I like the pattern of the weathertech ones better, but if you're like me you'll want to remove the weathertech logo. Thankfully that is easy to do.

The front mats have extremely strong velcro circles that hold them in place really well. Make sure the weathertech ones have the corresponding hook or loop area.

I looked at the other options and like you, was unimpressed with the design.

Seattle area here. I have the tesla branded mats in the front seats, and the generic weathertech ones in rows 2, 3, and the frunk. I believe weathertech makes the tesla branded ones, and the quality is identical. I like the pattern of the weathertech ones better, but if you're like me you'll want to remove the weathertech logo. Thankfully that is easy to do.

The front mats have extremely strong velcro circles that hold them in place really well. Make sure the weathertech ones have the corresponding hook or loop area.

I looked at the other options and like you, was unimpressed with the design.

Thanks @andrewFW. I was curious about the bottoms of the mats, and if they slipped around. So Tesla brand has velcro on the bottom to keep them in place? Any regrets getting them, as they are quite expensive compared to the WeatherTech ones. I definitely would prefer the Tesla logo.

Do the 2nd and 3rd row WeatherTech mats stay in place well?

So Tesla brand has velcro on the bottom to keep them in place?

Yes, and the weathertech might, but I can't tell based on the pictures on their website. The factory carpet mat has the same thing to keep it in place.

Any regrets getting them, as they are quite expensive compared to the WeatherTech ones. I definitely would prefer the Tesla logo.

No regrets. And every time I vacuum them I think about how bad it would look if I had just kept the normal carpet mats.

Do the 2nd and 3rd row WeatherTech mats stay in place well?

So far so good, but we don't have people back there often. The bars they fit around under the seat help keep them aligned, and the mats are laser measured to fit, so there's not much room to move around.

Hi JeanRalphio,

I got the Tesla/Weathertec mats for the front of my X and my wife has them in her S.
After years using them, I dislike the smooth rubber surface and the cheap look and feel of it.
My feet can slide around.
I recently got the 3X Maxpider mats for the X and my wife likes them so we got them for
her S too. We really like them.
Maybe an order from Amazon and if you don't like them - Return them...
Either way - try both and return what you do not want...

Good luck,

Shawn

Reactions: Ilguy
Those 3X Maxpider mats do look nicer.

I only use my Tesla mats for Winter and Spring so I generally don't have an issue with them for me. If I used them all the time I would probably look for something else. They are utilitarian for sure.

The rest of the time I run with these but always keep the full size Tesla mat in the trunk area.

20160613_140227sm.jpg

Reactions: tjmurphy79
Hi Folks,

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and am looking for high quality floor mats to combat the mud, dirt, rain, snow we get throughout the year. I have seen the threads on 3D MAXpider and ToughPro mats, but am not very excited about their design, or potential durability.

Does anyone own the Tesla mats for any model (I have an X), and can offer an opinion on those?

Hi Folks,

Sorry about my previous reply with no answer, I'm new here.

I just got the all weather mats for my new model S, I love them. The bottom of them stick nicely to floor and they dont move at all, plus I think they look cool. Defenitly worth it for me in chicago with all the snow

Hi JeanRalphio,

I got the Tesla/Weathertec mats for the front of my X and my wife has them in her S.
After years using them, I dislike the smooth rubber surface and the cheap look and feel of it.
My feet can slide around.
Shawn

Agree completely. I have The Tesla/weathertech for my X and 3. But I think they are awful from a look/feel perspective. I use them in the winter because they work very well. When winter finally goes away, I will switch back to the standard factory delivered mats. Can’t wait!

Go with the 3D all-weathers. Much more attractive, better designed and better fitting than the Tesla-branded Weathertechs. I don't know how the latter could have screwed all weather rubber mats so badly.

I removed the cheap fabric Tesla floor mats from our three vehicles (2 Model Xs and Model S), initially installed Tesla/Weathertechs in all, removed those, then spent even more money to buy the 3Ds. Now I'm happy!

The other day, after years of holding on to them for no reason I could think, our trash bin was pulled to our curb, positively crammed with six sets of floor mats that I was never ever planning on using again. Packing boxes included.

Those 3X Maxpider mats do look nicer.

I only use my Tesla mats for Winter and Spring so I generally don't have an issue with them for me. If I used them all the time I would probably look for something else. They are utilitarian for sure.

The rest of the time I run with these but always keep the full size Tesla mat in the trunk area.

View attachment 518036
which floormats are those. they are pretty sick