Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Brand USB Stick Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone I have the Tesla USB stick for my model 3 and I was under the impression that it just continuously overwrites the oldest stuff however I keep getting an error that says it's getting full and I should reformat it or delete recordings. Do I really have to reformat it or can I just let it go and it will continuously overwrite? Thank you.

The camera records as you drive. Those clips are on a "rolling buffer" and are supposed to clear themselves when there is no room available. The sentry clips and the clips that you choose to record will not delete automatically. As you have more sentry clips recorded, your free space will reduce.

Reactions: Therealm80
The camera records as you drive. Those clips are on a "rolling buffer" and are supposed to clear themselves when there is no room available. The sentry clips and the clips that you choose to record will not delete automatically. As you have more sentry clips recorded, your free space will reduce.
Thank you that makes much more sense.