Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla brings back free supercharging...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Electrek Tesla is going to bring back the unlimited free Supercharging.

"According to people familiar with the matter, Tesla is offering existing owners with free Supercharging on their current vehicles to be grandfathered-in when purchasing a new Model S or Model X and get 3 years of free unlimited Supercharging if they order and take delivery by the end of the quarter."

I upgraded my P85D to a new P100D. The transaction was a few days ago. The delivery is pending.

Hope i qualify. !

I really think Tesla should bring back unlimited supercharging for S/X permanently and give it to all owners of them. I think it would be a great feature for the S/X compared to the 3.

Instead create limits on superchargers to prevent congestion such as creating a queue for supercharging and limiting people to 80% charge if there's a line.

I just checked my app...

Tesla app screenshot2.png

I really think Tesla should bring back unlimited supercharging for S/X permanently and give it to all owners of them. I think it would be a great feature for the S/X compared to the 3.

Instead create limits on superchargers to prevent congestion such as creating a queue for supercharging and limiting people to 80% charge if there's a line.

I agree. I think could be a huge feature difference, and makes the higher cost worth it.

Reactions: David99
Tesla has made changes to the supercharger program before, and we'll likely see additional changes in the future, perhaps providing free long distance supercharging for higher priced S/X/Roadster 2.0, providing more differentiation from the lower priced 3/Y vehicles.

What are they rated for though? Pulling a boat trailer or having a couple of bikes on them
2000 lbs trailer weight and 200 pound tongue weight. I have one and using a hitch-mounted cargo tray makes our semi-annual 2500 mile road trips much easier and with no range reduction. Let me tow a small trailer to get sheets of plywood and life would be good...

Reactions: dbldwn02