TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Browser Plug-in installation - Help

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Lifeguard(ret.), Oct 22, 2014.

1. Lifeguard(ret.)

Does anyone know whether/how to install a plug-in into the Model S browser?

Or, more specifically, does anyone use LastPass for generating and storing complex and secure passwords and have installed the LastPass plug-in in their car so you can access My Tesla and the TMC Forums from the car once you've changed your password to something that is impossible to remember? Thanks very much.

2. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

No can do a far as anybody I am aware of has seen. Yet.

3. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Currently Tesla does not allow owners to modify the in-car browser in any way that I am aware of. That may change in the future, but no one outside of Tesla knows when that might happen. I believe that Tesla has stated that in the future the car will be opened up to 3rd party app development, but again no specific timeframe has been announced.

4. Lifeguard(ret.)

I suspected as much - at least for the time being.
    But I can't even get the LastPass website to load so I could copy and paste passwords from the vault into other websites on the browser. Perhaps because LastPass is sensing the Tesla browser as a mobile device that is not supported by the software. Bummer.

5. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I have not yet found a copy / paste function in the browser in the car.