Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla bug report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How is Tesla’s in-car bug report supposed to work?

I wanted to report a bug today and in my car I said “bug report”. The car immediately thanked me for submitting a bug report!! I had even told the car what the bug was!!

After a few attempts I said “bug report” and continued with my report.

The woefully terrible U.K. speech recognition kicked in and then filed a bug report full of utter unrecognisable shite.

I tried several other times to make a short concise report and each time it was interpreted as incomprehensible junk.

Either I can’t speak coherently or the system is massively flawed.

How is Tesla’s in-car bug report supposed to work?

I wanted to report a bug today and in my car I said “bug report”. The car immediately thanked me for submitting a bug report!! I had even told the car what the bug was!!

After a few attempts I said “bug report” and continued with my report.

The woefully terrible U.K. speech recognition kicked in and then filed a bug report full of utter unrecognisable shite.

I tried several other times to make a short concise report and each time it was interpreted as incomprehensible junk.

Either I can’t speak coherently or the system is massively flawed.

Follow this up with an email to virtualserviceuk and give the details there along with vin in subject line (or at least somewhere), or in the app. If they pick the email up within a period of time (believed to be around 2 weeks), hopefully they can match it up with the bug report markers in the cars log files. Otherwise it is believed that bug reports do nothing.