Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla build quality -- WOW.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, a bit of background. I have been driving a couple of Model S's for the past 4 years ('17 and '18), I have been in friends' and family members' Teslas, and I've test driven 2020 MY and 2021 M3 (LR & P). I also watch Tesla Daily, Dave Lee, and a few of the other channels, and keep up to date on Tesla news. I've had my share of issues with those earlier cars, and like many early Tesla drivers, love the product but have had some heartburn on the execution.

This week, I had an opportunity to take delivery of a new MYP for a friend in the Pacific Northwest and drive it down 700 miles into California. I just have to say about this MY.. WOW! It is almost shocking to me how much Tesla has improved build quality, noise suppression, suspension, and just the overall driving experience in the past few years. The car was pretty much perfect (aside from leaving a couple pieces of blue tape on the hatch window, and a bit of tape sticking out from a headliner.. charming Tesla quirks) .. there was zero to complain about. Given my past history with the MS's, I was kinda shocked.

The ride was amazing, the 700 miles was very enjoyable, and tonight I flew back to Austin and got in the '18 MS and drove home. With the road noise and quality of the drive, it just solidified even further how far and fast Tesla has come in their build quality. I will be the first to criticize Tesla when performance is subpar, but I have to give credit where credit is due .. I am more bullish than ever on my investment, I believe Elon when he says that MY is going to become the best selling car in the world soon, and I'm super looking forward to trading in my MS for a '22 M3LR at the end of the month.

Once Germany and Detroit point their cannons on Tesla they are done. Rock bottom in quality ratings by JD Powers and Consumer Reports and as an M3 Performance owner I can agree. Lots of Tesla Kool-Aid drinkers out there. And good luck with service again rock bottom. And I traded a Mercedes S550 and Porsche 911 Turbo S for it.
Those Tesla killers will show up any year now.

Once Germany and Detroit point their cannons on Tesla they are done. Rock bottom in quality ratings by JD Powers and Consumer Reports and as an M3 Performance owner I can agree. Lots of Tesla Kool-Aid drinkers out there. And good luck with service again rock bottom. And I traded a Mercedes S550 and Porsche 911 Turbo S for it.
MrW5mUX.gif

20 years ago Hyundai cars were a joke. Sub par build, could not last 4 years.
Look at Hyundai today.

Reactions: cgell