TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla building a growth team

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by BluestarE3, May 9, 2016.

1. Pdub2015

Pdub2015 Member

Interesting article, though I must admit some concern that the new hires mentioned are from high growth application markets rather than high growth consumer product manufacturing backgrounds. But the Tesla "experience" is heavily reliant on the online experience, so hopefully these folks will provide the value their CVs seem to promise.

2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Yeah, that was my thought as well... that Tesla is more of a Silicon Valley tech firm rather than a traditional auto manufacturing (or assembly) company. So, it would make sense to apply tools and techniques employed by other tech firms to grow their market.

3. anxman

anxman Member

I worked at FB when growth first became a priority (2008). I'm still trying to figure out how growth translates from a free social network to a consumer product. Curious to see it play out in practice.

• Like x 1
  4. JAFO

JAFO Member

I worked for Myspace for two years.... Maybe they'll gimme a e-trabbi