Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Buyback for your Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a used Tesla and after researching archive sales on ev-cpo I've noticed the crazy price fluctuations from month to month. Like June 17' was a great time to buy on their site versus a few months later when those same specs were selling for significantly more.

So the question I have for you: if you feel comfortable sharing, what Tesla offered you for your old MS? Whether you took them up on it or sold it privately doesn't matter but if you could be so kind to give an estimate on the mileage as well as the options and when they gave you the offer that would be wonderful!

Hi, I was fortunate to buy in an EV-CPO Model S 75 June '17. I think that was a pricing anomaly. I never thought I would see a vehicle "appreciate" after purchase, but that's the only conclusion I can come to. I think the imminent release of the Model 3 may have temporarily depressed demand for the CPO Model S at the time.
Key message, if you see the vehicle you want at the right specs and price, just go for it.

It will take a while for more 75s to come on the site as they were just released in 2016. On balance, I would guess many owners will opt to buy them when the leases end. Good luck as this will be an interesting thread to watch.

Tesla’s are like bitcoin right now - very limited supple and a lot of demand so prices are fluctuating a lot.

I haven’t tried to trade mine in and I’m not interested in selling unless I could make a swap for an X.

I haven’t tried to trade mine in and I’m not interested in selling unless I could make a swap for an X.

If your older one is working well and without hassle I’d say keep it. My CPO 16 Model S with 47,000 on it has had three door handles go out, had to have the connectivity board replaced and upgraded (radio and the cell phone), and just this last weekend I had to leave it 260 miles from home when it threw a warning that the car might not restart. They found a faulty coolant heater unit and poor 12 volt battery. And this is all in just about 15 months.

If your older one is working well and without hassle I’d say keep it. My CPO 16 Model S with 47,000 on it has had three door handles go out, had to have the connectivity board replaced and upgraded (radio and the cell phone), and just this last weekend I had to leave it 260 miles from home when it threw a warning that the car might not restart. They found a faulty coolant heater unit and poor 12 volt battery. And this is all in just about 15 months.

Wow. I’m about 113k and have had very minor issues. No plans on selling unless like I said - I find a steal on a MX which isn’t likely going to happen anytime soon.

Wow. I’m about 113k and have had very minor issues. No plans on selling unless like I said - I find a steal on a MX which isn’t likely going to happen anytime soon.
Seems like quality is going down not up because a lot of people from your Model age are saying nothing but wonderful things. I’ve noticed an Interesting correlation....model S comes out and things are good. Model X comes out and quality is down a little bit in both, Elons rockets explode on several attempts, he starts talking about solar and model three, he gains interest in underground transport tunnels, and now semis. As his interests have expanded it seems to me quality is going down. Maybe it’s just coincidence but......