Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Buys Factory Automation Company Grohmann

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(*thread-duster*) Ahem, am I alone in thinking, "how did Ghromann get off the hook" during the Model 3 over-automation "crisis" ? I remember the news back after this happened from other automakers (as well as Grohmann staff) not being alltogether gleeful about plans to close off projects except in-house ones. It was to be expected as Tesla was demonstrating self-sufficiency in so many aspects of business, Elon has already said that the Gigafactory should be fed raw materials in, and finished products out (well, perhaps now with a few more people and/or maybe agile autonomous robots thrown into the mix).

I had imagined that "Tesla Germany" or "Tesla Grohmann" group were going to play a key role in the design of the "machine that builds the machine" in the inaugural Model 3 design. But perhaps they have/had little to do with it, and are onto other projects, or still wrapping-up the 3rd party ones... and, while they seem to be known for manufacturing automation, but they also appear to design actual items and assemblies, so who knows..?

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve