Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cam still not working with 2020.16.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated to 2020.16.2.1 and the Tesla Cam essentially does not work. It will record Sentry Mode videos and if will save if I press the icon, but under "normal" driving conditions it doesn't record anything. I have been all through all of the formatting stuff on the forums and even tried several different media. Currently using a 128GB Samsung High speed stick. It worked flawlessly until I got HW3 and the 2020.12.11.1 update. Hoped that with 2020.16.2.1 they would have fixed it but no. Even tried formatting from the Tesla Cam app in teh car and all that did was erase all the Sentry videos that were on the drive. Very disappointed.......

I just updated to 2020.16.2.1 and the Tesla Cam essentially does not work. It will record Sentry Mode videos and if will save if I press the icon, but under "normal" driving conditions it doesn't record anything. I have been all through all of the formatting stuff on the forums and even tried several different media. Currently using a 128GB Samsung High speed stick. It worked flawlessly until I got HW3 and the 2020.12.11.1 update. Hoped that with 2020.16.2.1 they would have fixed it but no. Even tried formatting from the Tesla Cam app in teh car and all that did was erase all the Sentry videos that were on the drive. Very disappointed.......
Try this:
Random Dashcam Recording
post #47. Worked for me.

Do you have a performance model? Mine doesn't work either. I notice that if you go to reformat the card on the Tesla it will now add a new folder called track.

I think it's got something to do with that since none of us had added that folder before

To update you guys, I’ve waited for 3 firmware updates and no fix so today I drove to Frys Electronics and purchased 2 flash drives, one high end USB 3.1 @ 400mbs speed and the other USB 2.0 because the manual said it requires the USB 2.0, Both drives formatted via the screen successfully. Ran DashCam... no recording Also activated Sentry mode and it had 3 events with no recording so I opened a service ticket, immediately Tesla ran a diagnostic over the air and saw that the flash card was properly mounted, he stated that this information was sent to the Level 2 engineers to troubleshoot and that the Moblie service would not be able to fix this problem as a computer might need to be replaced or the USB section of the hardware. Appointment made for Thursday June 4th at the Miramar service center.

Will post results when completed.

Fred

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
To update you guys, I’ve waited for 3 firmware updates and no fix so today I drove to Frys Electronics and purchased 2 flash drives, one high end USB 3.1 @ 400mbs speed and the other USB 2.0 because the manual said it requires the USB 2.0, Both drives formatted via the screen successfully. Ran DashCam... no recording Also activated Sentry mode and it had 3 events with no recording so I opened a service ticket, immediately Tesla ran a diagnostic over the air and saw that the flash card was properly mounted, he stated that this information was sent to the Level 2 engineers to troubleshoot and that the Moblie service would not be able to fix this problem as a computer might need to be replaced or the USB section of the hardware. Appointment made for Thursday June 4th at the Miramar service center.

Will post results when completed.

Fred
Thank you for this wonderful insights, just out of curiosity what hardware version do you have currently installed in your car?