Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla camping options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, my wife and i are looking to rent a Tesla and sleep in part time in Hawaii this coming Christmas for 2 weeks. We'll bring our tent too, but the car may be favorable if the tent doesn't hold up to rain well.

We're finding conflicting info on sleeping in cars at camp sites, and I'm curious if anybody here has camped in their Tesla on one of the islands, or any tips. We're likely hitting both Oahu and Maui, but tickets aren't purchased yet so we may limit to just one or the other.

I'm excited to see a Supercharger coming to Oahu. Maybe it will be done in time since charging isn't overly abundant. However with the range we'll have I'm not terribly concerned to pay for some L2 charges.

We'll be practicing in our little Chevy Volt as we drive from Nashville to WA in a month. =)

Regardless, thank you!!
Dave

Hi folks, my wife and i are looking to rent a Tesla and sleep in part time in Hawaii this coming Christmas for 2 weeks. We'll bring our tent too, but the car may be favorable if the tent doesn't hold up to rain well.

We're finding conflicting info on sleeping in cars at camp sites, and I'm curious if anybody here has camped in their Tesla on one of the islands, or any tips. We're likely hitting both Oahu and Maui, but tickets aren't purchased yet so we may limit to just one or the other.

I'm excited to see a Supercharger coming to Oahu. Maybe it will be done in time since charging isn't overly abundant. However with the range we'll have I'm not terribly concerned to pay for some L2 charges.

We'll be practicing in our little Chevy Volt as we drive from Nashville to WA in a month. =)

Regardless, thank you!!
Dave
I don't have anything to add about this, yet noticed where you are from. Welcome to the forum. Long ago I worked for a great man in Bon Aqua during high school to make money and learn about electronics. Best wishes from Sparks NV and hope your trip goes well.