Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Canceled my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2FA is on now. They told me my car was most likely on route to chicago by rail when this happened, but assured me there was “no way possible in their system” to pull my vin from someone else and reassign it back to me. I have strong doubts about that.

Quick update 2:

Today would have been the day we picked up our original car. Have been in contact with our store almost daily. They actually did reach out with an option that was black instead of MSM which we declined so I know they are staying vigilant. Just a waiting game until a matching car becomes available or can be built. I ask if anyone knows of the following to contact me please:

MYLR
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black interior
20” inductions
Hitch doesn’t matter

Quick update 2:

Today would have been the day we picked up our original car. Have been in contact with our store almost daily. They actually did reach out with an option that was black instead of MSM which we declined so I know they are staying vigilant. Just a waiting game until a matching car becomes available or can be built. I ask if anyone knows of the following to contact me please:

MYLR
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black interior
20” inductions
Hitch doesn’t matter

That sucks. On the other hand this is an opportunity to correct a mistake on your order and get the white seats. :cool:

Those white seats look nice but knowing what our cars see I know I’m not the kind of person to keep up with cleaning them like they’d need.

Tesla had us place a new order at full price with Oct EDD like a normal person would, then manipulated it to get our original pricing. They weren’t able to give us back the referral supercharger miles or our referees, or our year of free premium connectivity directly, but they did give us shop coupons for their equivalent value which I’m okay with.

The Final update to this saga:

We picked up or re-ordered MYLR on 4/25!

Credit where credit is due. The team at Maplewood/Tesla pulled every string in the book and we had our new car delivered less than a month from the original EDD of the canceled car.

Held out for our exact spec factory built, not an inventory car. Did the full checklist inspection and it’s flawless inside and out.
Mistakes happen, our SA was technically just following policy and checking in with “us” when the order got canceled. How it was handled after the fact says a lot about the Maplewood team and Tesla. So because I know you see these posts, thank you! We could not be happier with the car!

One final note, the official IT inquiry result was that our contact number was changed about 2 weeks prior to our fiasco via external log in, implying our account was hacked. Turn on 2FA and make sure you check that info from time to time!

6731CE68-5463-4952-8848-FB54789F835C.jpeg

Those white seats look nice but knowing what our cars see I know I’m not the kind of person to keep up with cleaning them like they’d need.

Tesla had us place a new order at full price with Oct EDD like a normal person would, then manipulated it to get our original pricing. They weren’t able to give us back the referral supercharger miles or our referees, or our year of free premium connectivity directly, but they did give us shop coupons for their equivalent value which I’m okay with.

Credit where credit is due. The team at Maplewood/Tesla pulled every string in the book and we had our new car delivered less than a month from the original EDD of the canceled car.

Held out for our exact spec factory built, not an inventory car. Did the full checklist inspection and it’s flawless inside and out.
Mistakes happen, our SA was technically just following policy and checking in with “us” when the order got canceled. How it was handled after the fact says a lot about the Maplewood team and Tesla. So because I know you see these posts, thank you! We could not be happier with the car!

One final note, the official IT inquiry result was that our contact number was changed about 2 weeks prior to our fiasco via external log in, implying our account was hacked. Turn on 2FA and make sure you check that info from time to time!

View attachment 799387
Sounds like a happy ending, good for you! Welcome to the MSM club.

And re previous posters, apparently there WAS another explanation that didn't involve Elon maliciously canceling lower priced orders to boost the bottom line, though I doubt this will satisfy the conspiracy theorists that seem so prevalent these days.... 🙄

View attachment 799387
Did you get the mobile charger for free? Also, was the SA able to change your order fee down to $100, if that's what you originally paid?

Mobile connector was included per original order. Our order fee was $250 on original car and it was refunded so we only paid the $250 for the new order as it should be.

Car also has lithium 12v, Ryzen, heated wiper park, CCS support, functional USB ports(for power) and functional wireless charging. Had floor mats, rear door PPF, and mudflaps installed as well.

Reactions: t-mo
Mobile connector was included per original order. Our order fee was $250 on original car and it was refunded so we only paid the $250 for the new order as it should be.

Car also has lithium 12v, Ryzen, heated wiper park, CCS support, functional USB ports(for power) and functional wireless charging. Had floor mats, rear door PPF, and mudflaps installed as well.
How can you find out if your car is CCS compatible?