Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla canceled Solar Phone and Web consultation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if anyone has had their consultation appointment canceled by Tesla with no explanation. I was scheduled a few days ago and on the morning on the appointment the Tesla energy representative ( Armen ) canceled it.

I think it might have been that he was looking at google earth images of our home which has wood shingle roof but we are having a metal roof installed next month so i am trying to finally go with solar. A simple call or Email would have answered his questions.

Long time Tesla owner , on our 4th Tesla so it came as a surprise to get dropped by Tesla with no communication. I sent the Tesla Rep an email with no reply. Wondering if I should look at alternatives.

Thanks

Mike

If you look for alternatives, and with a metal roof, you might want to look at self adhesive panels, like Mia Sole. More expensive, but they look great. Your metal roof will need to be a "true standing seam" roof, rather than one of the less expensive alternatives.

It seems odd that they would just cancel with no explanation like that. But it’s also worth noting that I don’t believe tesla will install solar on a metal roof at all. They are pretty picky about what they install on and unless something has changed recently, a metal roof is a no.

It may be a coincidence but after I posted this question Tesla contacted my wife and set up another consultation with a different Tesla representative. My neighbor is using a local solar company and should have his panels installed in the next few weeks. This is an example of the metal shingles to be installed. All of our roofs are being
replaced by our HOA , 119 homes.
2F0D267A-33B4-4BE0-B78F-BA98119F133F.jpeg

It seems odd that they would just cancel with no explanation like that. But it’s also worth noting that I don’t believe tesla will install solar on a metal roof at all. They are pretty picky about what they install on and unless something has changed recently, a metal roof is a no.
I guess this is metal shingle... my understanding is that standing seam metal is probably the best case for Tesla solar panel installs. They can use a clamp mount and not have to do roof penetrations for the mounting. Was considering going that way to avoid asphalt shingle complications for solar panels.