Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla canceling my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have delt with similar problem, not exactly the same but also putting in the 250 deposit at risk.

SA were trying to help, being respectful and no BS on me but they could not remove the VIN from account without cancelling the order.

What I did was to make another order, putting another 250 deposit. When I got delivery of that correct one the SA managed to refund the 250 from the incorrect order. It was on good will because it clearly say that is not refundable, but they knew also that was a honest mistake, I was not trying to abuse the system and in the end of the day I took delivery of one.

But my advice is, get the white seats, they are nice. And if you don't like it a black leather aftermarket is not that expensive. And you could even put real leather if you are not into the vegan stuff.

Every Model Y made has come with autopilot.
Not saying it does at all. I m just saying teslas customer service is not par with other dealerships at the price point. IMO, it’s because they don’t have to compete in the market like the Lexus, bmw, Mercedes,etc have to compete with each other.

Would you pay 55k for a model y if it was not electric and was a gas power car?

You definitely (100000000%) have autopilot, as according to you in another thread, you took delivery in the last week or so of a model Y. As mentioned, every single model Y ever made in the US has autopilot, so you could not have one without it.

Perhaps you dont have FSD since thats a separate purchase, but you have autopilot.
Not saying anything about FSD. Maybe I should have not used sub par,but service should be better.

And if you don't like it a black leather aftermarket is not that expensive. And you could even put real leather if you are not into the vegan stuff.
Tesla seats are just about as vegan as a Walmart plastic bag.
Both are derived from oil byproducts.

Attachments

• 1677464167140.png
    1677464167140.png
    346.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
After a year of putting up with Tesla service and customer service in general.
Let them have your $250 and run like hell.
They are pretty firm on the $250 not being refundable. I even asked if a refund couldn't be done, if supercharging credits could be substituted. I signed into my account and paid the order fee with apple pay, and since my apple id email is different than my Tesla account, the reservation went to the incorrect email. After a bit of uncertainty on when and how they would get it transferred to my actual account, I placed a second order from my app. I took delivery of that car after being told they would look into getting the other order removed and refunded. After delivery I got the generic responses that nothing could be done at this time. Being only $250 is not the point, neither is that it says non refundable in my eyes, My third Tesla and purchasing a $130k vehicle you would think there would be some goodwill effort to doing something very small for customer satisfaction, nope. Being an early adopter, their customer service 8 years ago was radically different than my recent experiences.

Tesla doesn’t care. Their customer service reps get paid by the hour not by customers, so they don’t care either. Any master tech for tesla at their SC at most has 8 years of experience.

It’s like a mortgage. A 30 year loan, you can pay 29 years and 10 months, miss 2 months and they will foreclose on your house.

People buy tesla so they can be that guy. I rarely hear tesla owners refer to their teslas as a car. It’s always my tesla or mention it by the model. We make fun of one of our friend because he refers his model 3 as his M3, and we always tell him it’s not a M3. Lol.

Reactions: vickh and fredjan
That makes no sense to me, if you deliver me a messed up car twice, I lose my deposit?
Its not the OP fault if his first order had rock chips. Who would want to take delivery of that, that should be on Tesla, not the OP
Tesla's viewpoint would likely be that they will repair any faults the car has, and if that's not satisfactory, then yes, you lose the deposit. It does mean that you want to think twice before rejecting the first time as there's no guarantee that the next one will be better.

Reactions: zoomer0056