Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cancelled Model Y order and Lost 7k FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so upset! I bought a Model 3 very early in 2018. I loved it so much I placed an order for the Long Range RWD Model Y with FSD. I waited and waited for my car trim to come out. But it never did and they ended up cancelling that model. So then i was forced to change my order to a more expensive Long Range AWD Model Y which ok fine. it was like 4-5k more so I needed more time to get money together. I asked how long I had. they said 6 months. So to be clear I asked if I had until June of 2021. The change was made in March of 2021. I really wanted to make sure b/c i did not want to lose my FSD at 7k. If I was in danger of losing that I would have just gotten a larger loan and bought the car in March. maybe $3,000 isnt a lot to some people but its a lot to me. They assured me that I could wait until June 2021. Well they lied to me. this week I logged into my Tesla account and my order was gone. Cancelled. I called Tesla and explained everything. I told them if i knew they would cancel the order i would have just completed the order. But they would do nothing to help me. They would not give me FSD at 7K. I am so angry. I talked to them and asked them so many times. are you sure this will not lose my FSD for 7k. Again and again they said it would not and I could wait. I feel so lied to. Its just not right. I gave tesla $2.5k dollars for almost 2 years and they cant help me with this? They cancelled the car I really wanted but still i was willing to move forward and they cant help me now? Shame Tesla!!! Shame on you for lying to me!!!!

Long term policy at Tesla is that if you change a configuration you get changed to the current pricing.

I am sure that is correct but for a buyer who cannot find such a policy listed anywhere, who should the buyer listen to:

"I talked to them and asked them so many times. are you sure this will not lose my FSD for 7k. Again and again they said it would not and I could wait."

I put a $2,500 deposit on an MY LR RWD on Sep 6, 2019...RN is still active. I did a chat about upgrading to AWD last Friday and Tesla said I would have to speak to a SA and they would have one call me...haven't heard from them as of yet. I want to add tow and my referral code to the order (things I couldn't do when making the reservation). I did a search for in-stock MY's about a month ago and found 50 in my area (didn't want the old interior)...did another one last weekend--ZERO. I tried a few zip codes around the country--again nada. I've been making 300 mile trips frequently and am getting tired of my SR M3 having to charge twice--because the second charge is a very busy station and it has to go to full (50 minutes) to make the second half of the trip. Hope they start pumping out MY soon.

I'm surprise that everyone is still having hard time switching from LR RWD to AWD and keep their original FSD. I live in the Dallas area and I'm pretty sure all the people work at these showroom know they can do that. I'm getting delivery soon and already have my FSD price adjusted on my purchase order.

1620142999735.png

Reactions: seangoggin
I'm surprise that everyone is still having hard time switching from LR RWD to AWD and keep their original FSD. I live in the Dallas area and I'm pretty sure all the people work at these showroom know they can do that. I'm getting delivery soon and already have my FSD price adjusted on my purchase order.

View attachment 659471
I have also done the order conversion, but there’s a lot of confusion with sales advisors. Unfortunately many don’t know that they can do this it took me quite a while to find a sales advisor to who knew who to escalate to. There also may be the lack of desire to spend the time.