Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cancelled my delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Really annoyed with Tesla.

I have never received any text messages or any communication from Tesla, it’s always me having to phone and chase them.

1 I phoned and was told a car was assigned to me.
2 phoned again and was told we have a vin number now
3 phoned again and was told we have a registration number now
4 phoned again and was told delivery is for 27th November 8am to 8pm but they didn’t notify me
5 rang again and said everything is fine stop worrying and you’ll get the car on the 27th November
6 rang today and was told my delivery was cancelled yesterday. No reason given no one told me no text nothing. They can’t give me a date.

I live the car it’s a lot of money but how can they treat customers like this?

ive has better service buying a sandwich from greggs.

has anyone else’s order been cancelled? I would advice people to ring and confirm as I’ve sold my car and had to ha e the car on the 27th November

very frustrated

I've ordered through a lease company and the communication has been a bit random.

Have Tesla got your mobile number and email address?

My car is being delivered on the 1st December. This was arranged between Tesla and the lease company (not me). Lease company then emailed me and told me Tesla would be in touch and I had to respond to Tesla quickly to keep the delivery slot. I then got a text from Tesla asking me to confirm my preferred delivery address.

When I confirmed the address I then got a confirmation text from Tesla for the delivery (at no point did they ask if the 1st was acceptable) but still had the lease company chasing me to confirm my details to Tesla which I had already done.

I'm really surprised Tesla can't give you the reason for the cancelled delivery - I would have thought that would be information they would have. Hope you manage to get it sorted.

Maybe stop ringing them? They will tell you when your car is ready to be collected a couple of days before by text, what else do you need to know?

Sorry, this is how it works, things are going 'wrong' as their logistics won't bend to your requests.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I think you might be being a bit premature in view to the calls within this time frame. I got hours within a month and only recall calling twice because the delivery slot time was nearing and they hadn’t sent me an invoice.

Being that you are not a direct customer, maybe it’s best you take this up with your lease company.

Take a deep breath and slow down a little bit as I feel the impatience/anxiety is starting to consume you and It’s not going to help in dealing with the situation:)

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hi

Really annoyed with Tesla.

I have never received any text messages or any communication from Tesla, it’s always me having to phone and chase them.

1 I phoned and was told a car was assigned to me.
2 phoned again and was told we have a vin number now
3 phoned again and was told we have a registration number now
4 phoned again and was told delivery is for 27th November 8am to 8pm but they didn’t notify me
5 rang again and said everything is fine stop worrying and you’ll get the car on the 27th November
6 rang today and was told my delivery was cancelled yesterday. No reason given no one told me no text nothing. They can’t give me a date.

I live the car it’s a lot of money but how can they treat customers like this?

has anyone else’s order been cancelled? I would advice people to ring and confirm as I’ve sold my car and had to ha e the car on the 27th November

very frustrated
Your car should arrive in UK 10 days before delivery. Looks like your car arrived yesterday and has been damaged in transit. I think this is rare but certainly not unknown. Tesla will get back to you soon with replacement arrangements.

Your car should arrive in UK 10 days before delivery. Looks like your car arrived yesterday and has been damaged in transit. I think this is rare but certainly not unknown. Tesla will get back to you soon with replacement arrangements.

I can vouch for this, I originally had a VIN allocated in early October but I was then un-allocated as the car was damaged. Didn't mind as although I have had to wait a little longer the the replacement is a refreshed model .

Damage to the vehicle is a likely cause.
Vehicles get damaged all the time during transport. One of the major manufacturers policy is, if a repair requires the use of heat(like welding), the vehicle will not be delivered at all. It'll get crushed.
I also know of instances where damaged units had their VINs removed and were given to schools along with diagnostic tools and SST's.

• Informative
Reactions: Zakalwe
This is bad luck but also really bad communication somewhere.

I believe the only ship that has arrived so far this quarter was last week. Your order was only a week or so before this ship started its journey.

What spec?

very frustrated

Yes, I had my original order cancelled, but for different reasons by the sound of it.

Ordered SR+ with white interior in Jan 20. Initial delivery date end of March. Called several times in Feb/Mar to check whether I was waiting on a ghost car as the white interior was pulled from the SR+ options in late Jan. I was assured that whilst it might take a while, it would definitely be built.

Covid covid, Fremont shut, reopened, order delays, etc. Long story short - end of June, Tesla cancelled the order as spec discontinued. I was equally frustrated....but to be fair, not altogether surprised.

No doubt you will get better service at Greggs - their sandwiches are pre-prepared and available to purchase!

While it’s frustrating it may be a tad unfair to blame Tesla for communication issues - given that you had zero coms from them that you didn’t initialize yourself I would guess your lease company hasn’t forwarded your details on to them as you should have at least received a bunch of automated text messages given that you were confirmed with a car.

I understand the frustration of waiting and waiting with absolute silence as I was the same, we all were but to give them their due once matched to a car the website updated within a few hours and the text messages demanding payment started coming through...

It's really as simple as knowing that Tesla doesn't care about you, its communication and customer service is terrible, and the problems might never be fixed.

They might give you an appointment and cancel it. They might not even tell you that they canceled it.
They might try to deliver an obviously damaged vehicle, and you'll have to reject it.

If you can't deal with The Tesla Way, cancel your order.
Otherwise, relax and let the chips fall.

It could also be that Tesla does care, and that is why they reached out to you.

It could also be that they are working like crazy, behind the scenes, to resolve your issue.

They most likely will not get back to you until they have a plan to deliver you a new car with your chosen configuration.

What is concerning is that you have no way of knowing what they are doing and may assume the worst.

Be assured they they indeed, want to deliver your car and get paid. They will circle back when they have a solution for you.

I think the OP raised the reasonable point that no one has ever reached out to the OP, it's always been the OP reaching out to Tesla. That seems very unusual. Likewise, what is Arval up to, they have seemingly dismissed all responsibility.

It's difficult to know without good communication, so it's absolutely understandable for anyone to think the worst. A void in communication is a very individual experience.

Hopefully, it's resolved soon. Communication is so very important.

As long as Arval have definitely authorised both matching and release of the match to you then it will get sorted automatically, you just have to wait for the new match to happen. Circle back round with them in a week and stay calm/polite with them - they can only tell you what their system says each day.

Also feed back to Arval that it would help if they made an effort - Arval is your supplier here not Tesla. However lease companies and Tesla isn;t necessarily a winning combination for comms full stop so don’t hold your breath !

Stay patient, it will get resolved :)

Reactions: Zakalwe
I’ve also ordered through Arval, and to make sure I get updates I’ve been into the Tesla account Arval set up for me and made sure my mobile number is in the profile. Arval hadn’t (and couldn’t) do this. I’ve been getting texts about my order direct from Tesla, and nothing from Arval.
OP, do you have your Tesla account set up with all your details completed?

Sucks, and I feel for you but I agree that it must have been a damaged car.
I have also had abysmal communication. NHS FS via Arnold Clark. I had no contact for weeks and the found that AC had both my email and mobile number wrong and had passed them to Tesla. :mad:
Since I updated them they have been a little better, but I had to chase my delivery date and numberplate...

I assume it is the 4 link chain that cocks it all up.