Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesla cancelled my model Y !!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LeoLeo

master chief
Sep 5, 2021
usa
deposit placed 6/21/21 on or around 12/10/21 cemails me saying “ your model Y is ready for delivery “ Notify tesla i am out of country will not be back until April/May 2022? Also told them have no problem placing me in back of line keep my locked options and price . They cancelled my order said cannot do that?

Thats right, they wont do that (keep your locked options AND PRICE in place till april of 22). This 23 page thread is the same discussion.

Upvote 0
I had a vin and ddste of Dec 22nd coming up. But being on holiday until the 28th we requested Tesla to hold the car until the 29th…2x they didnt chnage it and the when I logged in a few days later, we now lost the vin assigned to us and even worst the delivery date is now June!! Wtf??

Order was placed aug 1st 2021 at the old price.

Wtf this is ridiculous!! What to do?

Upvote 0
I had a vin and ddste of Dec 22nd coming up. But being on holiday until the 28th we requested Tesla to hold the car until the 29th…2x they didnt chnage it and the when I logged in a few days later, we now lost the vin assigned to us and even worst the delivery date is now June!! Wtf??

Order was placed aug 1st 2021 at the old price.

Wtf this is ridiculous!! What to do?
The June date is just a place holder. You will get a new VIN in January.

Upvote 0
Oh I sincerely hope so as I have a model 3 LR order which was there an as insurance incase anything delayed the Y significantly. It’s due date is the 30th and I was set to cancel it the moment I had the 29th date for Y confirmed.
Now we need a car ao what do I do? Accept the 3 or gamble?
I believe the main point here is we lost our car based on 2 days over nothing. We communicated many times to Tesla of our intention to pick up the car on the 29th to meet their quarter end/year end whatever and we’re told ‘no problem we can work with that’. Over 2 days from the 27 to 29th…they had to shove our car to another buyer? That’s just pathetic business practice.

I’m honestly tired of Tesla the company and making excuses for them. I’m a former MS owner 3x over since 2015 and a Y owner for a brief period before selling it recently to a 3rd party for a crazy offer. This Y was the replacement for the family.

Now we are stuck without a car for who knows how long :( can I honestly cancel the 3 on the hunch that a Y win will really show up in Jan?

Upvote 0
Oh I sincerely hope so as I have a model 3 LR order which was there an as insurance incase anything delayed the Y significantly. It’s due date is the 30th and I was set to cancel it the moment I had the 29th date for Y confirmed.

I believe the main point here is we lost our car based on 2 days over nothing. We communicated many times to Tesla of our intention to pick up the car on the 29th to meet their quarter end/year end whatever and we’re told ‘no problem we can work with that’. Over 2 days from the 27 to 29th…they had to shove our car to another buyer? That’s just pathetic business practice.

I’m honestly tired of Tesla the company and making excuses for them. I’m a former MS owner 3x over since 2015 and a Y owner for a brief period before selling it recently to a 3rd party for a crazy offer. This Y was the replacement for the family.

Now we are stuck without a car for who knows how long :( can I honestly cancel the 3 on the hunch that a Y win will really show up in Jan?
Out of all the complaints where Tesla are being jerks regarding deliveries, yours is honestly the first where I think you have a legitimate gripe. Hope this works out for you.

Upvote 0
I

Put a hold on the model 3 delivery, so you still have a plan B.

Upvote 0
I

Put a hold on the model 3 delivery, so you still have a plan B.
Good suggestion 👍🏽 Ok had it out with Tesla today (I wasn’t as pleasant as usual) and today it’s been updated to: Jan 9-Feb 5th. Means they probably allocated from the next batch for this config. They were very apologetic and basically said ‘we get too many folks trying to push deliveries for other than legitimate reasons so we now make it more of a policy to simply allocate to next in the queue and try to get the next vin allocated. I responded with ‘I don’t buy it. I specifically told you I was totally fine taking delivery only 2 days later to meet your precious year end/quarter end target and received confirmation that it was aok.

Anyway I’ll push the Model 3 as much as possible and see whether the Y shows up early to mid Jan. It’s all I can do 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: Cobe and Big Earl
Upvote 0
Good suggestion 👍🏽 Ok had it out with Tesla today (I wasn’t as pleasant as usual) and today it’s been updated to: Jan 9-Feb 5th. Means they probably allocated from the next batch for this config. They were very apologetic and basically said ‘we get too many folks trying to push deliveries for other than legitimate reasons so we now make it more of a policy to simply allocate to next in the queue and try to get the next vin allocated. I responded with ‘I don’t buy it. I specifically told you I was totally fine taking delivery only 2 days later to meet your precious year end/quarter end target and received confirmation that it was aok.

Anyway I’ll push the Model 3 as much as possible and see whether the Y shows up early to mid Jan. It’s all I can do 🤷🏽‍♂️
Ok model 3 on hold till I unfreeze it. Oddly they also told me on the 22nd I have one day to pick a delivery date…which turned out to be the 23rd only. Given away on holiday, that was also impossible . I find it amazing Tesla has now provided me no notice, gave away my Y vin and now gave me one aft/eve to either accept next day delivery or miss it and automatic hold.
Wow. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Reactions: LeoLeo
Upvote 0
I have heard that if you reject delivery once, you go to the back of the queue; and if twice, the order gets cancelled. Don't think I've heard of the order cancelled after a single rejection.
My SA told me that you never go back to the end of the queue. When you reject delivery, you are on hold until the hold is expired itself or you click the I AM READY button. When you are off hold, you will be macthed for the next available config in your location.

Reactions: specialgreen
Upvote 0
Thats right, they wont do that (keep your locked options AND PRICE in place till april of 22). This 23 page thread is the same discussion.

do we live in America? i went to our winter home? what u like me to do? they were informed

Upvote 0
do we live in America? i went to our winter home? what u like me to do? they were informed
Yeah actually we do live in America, which means that a business can choose who to do business with, as long as they do not use protected categories to discriminate.

You dont have any "right" to have a car on hold for 6+ months and keep pricing.

Upvote 0
Yeah actually we do live in America, which means that a business can choose who to do business with, as long as they do not use protected categories to discriminate.

You dont have any "right" to have a car on hold for 6+ months and keep pricing.
Amen. So getting tired of all these whiners that have all the reasons I. The book they can’t take delivery and expect Tesla to cater to them. This guy is expecting the same price for almost a year. Another guy in another thread was complaining because he was only able to take delivery in a two day window and Tesla said no.

If you want the car buy it. If you can’t buy it because you have something more important then go buy a different car if the timing doesn’t work. For lord sake stop the whining. You can go buy a used one on any day and time that works for you since you all are so important.

Reactions: Spockarific
Upvote 0