Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cancels Base Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
indeed. So don’t be too surprised when they start software locking features off the MY LR RWD and presto Standard Range lives again. Also, he said no SR model...there will still probably be SR+.
Perhaps. However, Musk said that less than 250 miles EPA range is too little and the Model 3 SR+ battery in the Model Y would be less than 250 miles EPA. So, they would need a somewhat bigger battery for a Model Y SR+ to get to 250 miles EPA range and that adds complexity that I don't think they will attempt. I suppose a software locked LR battery is a possibility but I'm guessing they won't do that. We shall see.

Perhaps. However, Musk said that less than 250 miles EPA range is too little and the Model 3 SR+ battery in the Model Y would be less than 250 miles EPA. So, they would need a somewhat bigger battery for a Model Y SR+ to get to 250 miles EPA range and that adds complexity that I don't think they will attempt. I suppose a software locked LR battery is a possibility but I'm guessing they won't do that. We shall see.

I don’t disagree with this. Elon’s playbook is vast and nothing is ever off the table imo.

• Disagree
Reactions: Clark_Kent