Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla cannot be an online only company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been trying to purchase a Tesla ordering online, since I live on Maui. Got assigned a customer representative. I entered in registration, loan information but at the Apply (for financing), it disabled the Apply button. Talked with customer rep, she tried to talk me through, same result. She asked me to clear cache, so I restarted imac. Same result.
Anyway I had little faith in her ability to sell me a car. So I called and got put through to the Honolulu International Marketplace showroom. I got a salesman who has actually sold a car!!! He fixed my registration and allowed me to add my husband to the registration. THE SHOWROOM SALES PERSON WAS ABLE TO SELL ME A CAR AND NOT THE TESLA CUSTOMER REP.

I have very little confidence in the abilities of the Tesla customer representatives to sell cars online. She didn't have the drive needed to SELL me a car. Can you imagine a car salesman saying try another browser or another computer? Also, my delivery isn't until February 2022. Fortunately gives me time to research reported problems with Tesla and reviews of the many EV's coming out for sale in 2022. Thanks, Tesla for giving me months to research other cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
All Tesla employees work for Tesla. Whether you buy a car or not does not matter to them, as there is nothing in it for them. Of course, if the company collapses, if would matter. Anyway, any competent person at a local dealer or a competent online representative should be able to help, but again there is no incentive to SELL you a car. Some are just more helpful and competent than others. It is like dealing with the government bureaucracy. Some people can help you and some can't. Very frustrating at times both before the purchase and after

Thank you Dave.
As you said, its like a government bureaucracy. I like the idea that they don't push you into a sale like a used car salesman. But, it would be nice if they went the extra mile to help the customer. But with a 6 month backlog, I guess there is no incentive to sell more cars. Thanks

Not a great way to be introduced to the Tesla world. Man, I'm sorry.

If it's any consolation...

My purchasing experience just over two years ago was horrible. Beyond awful. Complete nightmare, in fact. Tesla's incompetence was exceeded only by their incompetence, which had numerous layers.

BUT!

The car has been an absolute dream; the ownership experience has more than made up for the two weeks of hell that was the purchasing experience.

At 54 years old, this car has given me (and my family!) more happiness than any other car we've ever had. After dreaming all my life about owning a super/hyper car, boy was I surprised to find out that all of my dreams could be lived out in a four door sedan!

Yes, Tesla has some problems they need to work out, for sure. But wow.. they seriously deliver fun on four wheels. The car has more than made up for the awful purchasing experience.

Push through it and on the other side, I'd be willing to bet you end up being just as happy.

Let us know how it goes?

Oh, and btw... there are a lot of people here that get upset when you post negative things about Tesla. Don't let them get you down... post what happens whether it's good or bad. You'll be helping out a lot of people in the long run if you do. :) No company is perfect. But in order to help them correct their problems, they need to be aware of them.

Reactions: DerbyDave