Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Can't Find My Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i ordered my instock car on 12/2, and it was due to be delivered late Dec and as of now, no one at Tesla can tell me where my car is. My first payment is due 2/14 and I don't have the car.

What should I do?
When did they tell you your payment was due 2/14?
If I'm not mistaken you only pay for the car after you sign the papers in the moment you receive it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You...in your blog...online....publicly. Just sayin'......

Lots of interesting stuff you can find on the internet. I can't find that though.

0b33d3c83a28e766fc084b0ec5c5d45991548cbb63467b1168ba8a342bbee1e2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bonaire
It was ready for my use as far as I'm concerned! In 2016. And all the docs are dated 2016. Even GM says the car was sold in 2016. #winning

Honestly, it'd be weirdee if I tried claiming it under my 2017 taxes. If I were to get audited, ALL the docs (purchase, finance, registration, title, insurance) list a 2016 date.
But it wasn't ready for your use, unless you were in CA and drove it in 2016. See above, we all know you're scamming the system, at least own it and stop pretending that what you're doing is legal.

But it wasn't ready for your use, unless you were in CA and drove it in 2016. See above, we all know you're scamming the system, at least own it and stop pretending that what you're doing is legal.
Apparently some of you people quoting tax law haven't heard about a brand new Executive Order that in fact does allow one to take any 2017 deduction in 2016. This will help boost 2017 tax revenues to pay for Mexico's Wall.

It's simple. Put lower monthly federal withholdings at work by $700 during 2017 and legally take the deduction for tax-year 2017. No questions *and* you get a bigger paycheck every month.

So now Rydell and maybe other GM dealers were doing the "pay now, title now, deliver later" for people who wanted a 2016 ITC on this year's filing. This is why we need a REBATE and not an ITC. REBATE at point of sale and let the dealer or bank work it out. I suppose banks are also taking the credit for 2016 when they write leases and if Tesla is "self-leasing" they would also be taking the credit in-house for a lease written 12/31/16 for deliveries in Q1. I can't wait until all this tax credit stuff goes away and this market stabilizes. Credits should "kickstart" a market and not be its lifeblood. It also then lets companies lower their sticker-price because almost all EVs now have $7500 on the hood. Rebates also let lower-income folks get the full credit rather than relying on good income levels for the year "allow" them to take it - or they must "rent" through a lease process.

Back OT,

Tesla lost my car also in 2013, only I had it. I got a call about two weeks after delivery saying they lost it and were wondering if I had it. I did, but when it was delivered, there was no paperwork to say that I was the owner, and no temporary registration, nothing! After the call my paperwork arrived FedEx the next day!! This was almost 4 years ago, however!

Last edited:
i ordered my instock car on 12/2, and it was due to be delivered late Dec and as of now, no one at Tesla can tell me where my car is. My first payment is due 2/14 and I don't have the car.
What should I do?

I wouldn't pay for a car that was not delivered. For there to be a contract you have to have made good. For them to charge you for nondelivery is not enforceable by the courts. They have not performed on the contract (purchase) so you don't have to pay. With their customer service I am not surprised this happened to you.

Scamming the system? So you are saying I'm not entitled to $7500 off my tax bill for my Bolt purchase? Because the credit expired 1 Jan 2017, right?

Even if it did, I have the documentation to show it was purchased and put into service by 31 Dec 2016. :cool: