Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Can't Find My Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a similar scenario, ordered an instock inventory car, they couldnt find it for around 2 weeks or so, blamed the weather, inventory, IT department, all sorts of excuses, in the end they found it and waived the 2k moving fees and I got my car. No other extras though, nothing, kinda disappointing really, its almost like they just don't care.

You want it, you deal with the issues and still stay excited and happy, otherwise, too bad. Nothing we can do, seems to be the general attitude.

Reactions: croman
I had a similar scenario, ordered an instock inventory car, they couldnt find it for around 2 weeks or so, blamed the weather, inventory, IT department, all sorts of excuses, in the end they found it and waived the 2k moving fees and I got my car. No other extras though, nothing, kinda disappointing really, its almost like they just don't care.

They essentially paid you $1000 per week to wait on the car, and you are disappointed because they didn't throw in a golf towel for your troubles?

So I didn't read the whole thread about the taxes but tesla lost my car too. Ordered at start of January (inventory 14 day delivery). 4 weeks later after telling me different stories on where the car is . I complained to the OA, her manager called and said they don't know where the car is . He can not guarantee if I would ever get the car . Why don't I ordered a new one?
So I agreed to settle for a 75D instead of 90d. Found one in my city.
His response was still no commitment that I would get the car in the next two weeks . He is going to let me drive around a p100d for a day to make me happy.
So really frustrated .
Other than yesterday there has been no communication

They essentially paid you $1000 per week to wait on the car, and you are disappointed because they didn't throw in a golf towel for your troubles?
Where can we sign up for this "$1000 per week spent waiting" discount? I can be very patient. :D

Poor Surfer here'd be up to $7k or more off, I think, based on a Late-Dec expected delivery.

My car has still not arrived. Every delivery window indicated has been missed. This is a highly disorganized company.

It's also pretty far outside the norm. A couple weeks late? Not uncommon. 2 months late? Very uncommon. In many (most?) cases you could have had a built-to-order by now. Definitely time to start tweeting, emailing, calling high-level employees.

Where do they claim it to be now?

Where can we sign up for this "$1000 per week spent waiting" discount? I can be very patient. :D

Poor Surfer here'd be up to $7k or more off, I think, based on a Late-Dec expected delivery.

It's also pretty far outside the norm. A couple weeks late? Not uncommon. 2 months late? Very uncommon. In many (most?) cases you could have had a built-to-order by now. Definitely time to start tweeting, emailing, calling high-level employees.

Where do they claim it to be now?

I cancelled the order last week. Now they are not sure I will get my $2500.00 deposit back. Pretty insane.

No word on refunds for my cancelled car order. I will be filing complaints with HI and WA Attorney General today. I cannot believe the Bellevue store could see the car not moving for months and they did not reach out to me, even once to update me or to escalate. What's even more unbelievable is they actually told me they did that. Crazy.

• Helpful
Reactions: schonelucht