Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cape Cod!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where:: Tesla Cape Cod 11 Central Square Mashpee, MA 02649
When: Call your local Tesla store to get an invite...

Sadly I can't make it...

/Ed

I'm not even a current owner, just a Model 3 res holder, and got the same email last night.

The Cape is definitely their demographic.

Next for Mass, I'd like to see a Service Center that focuses on the northern and/or western suburbs, and maybe even southern NH. If you look at the mor-ev site, Middlesex County has the most Teslas that have filed for the tax rebate. It would probably streamline their Model 3 deliveries in around 18 months as well.

With all the traffic going to rental houses out on the Cape, I wonder why there are no Super Chargers or so few Destination Chargers. For day trips, a SC in or east of Hyannis would be helpful. I understand it's seasonal but it still seems like a deal-breaker for Tesla owners who don't own on the Cape.

Reactions: Jurnimon
With all the traffic going to rental houses out on the Cape, I wonder why there are no Super Chargers or so few Destination Chargers. For day trips, a SC in or east of Hyannis would be helpful. I understand it's seasonal but it still seems like a deal-breaker for Tesla owners who don't own on the Cape.

Maybe they'll have Superchargers at this location. Moving forward, in a lot of places, it makes sense to add Superchargers to wherever they're going to be building or renting. One-stop shopping when it comes to contractors and permitting, etc. If they have to build out the Supercharger network and Service Center coverage at the same time, that's the way to go.

Sagamore SC to Provincetown is 64.1 miles. If it's warmer-seasonal and traffic can't move fast, then unless they can find a good deal on the site I don't expect they'd be particularly enthusiastic about it.

We visited the cape last year and plan to go again this year. I have trouble finding destination charging there and having to go over the bridge to hit the sagamore SC after a few days is rather annoying.

I see there is a chademo charger @ the cape cod mall this year, so I'm looking forward to that. Anyway, nice to see Tesla expanding into the area with a store.

Was doing a weekend trip to a cabin in Mashpee. To our surprise we saw the new Tesla showroom in the Mashpee Commons! Actually, my 12 yr old son noticed it first. They had a grand-opening this weekend.

Was there with some more family... so got a chance to have my father and uncle take a test-drive in their Model S as well. Loved the auto-pilot feature! (of course that means that I don't let anyone else drive my 2013 Model S) :cool:;)

The Grand Opening event was well produced. Amie and I made it to the event and had a lot of fun. They had a multi-coat red S, and a black X out front flanking the door, and an S parked at either end of the pedestrian mall with DRLs on, providing thematic interest. Entrace had several employees, and even a sort of 'red carpet' entrance. There was a DJ, an event picture background (don't know what those are called. Full height white screen with a pattern of Tesla Cape Cod text I think), bar with a custom cocktails, beer, and wine. Oysters on the half shell, ice cream, and passed Hors D'oeuvres. The location is on a corner, so there is essentially all glass on 2 sides, and the new gallery 'uniform' looks to be a nice white shirt with a Tesla logo embroidered, with black pants. I think they are stepping up their game - and it looks good.

Reactions: CTShore
Cape Cod has about 215k residents. Demographics can be found here. The one factor that helps Tesla is that residents don't drive off the Cape (over the bridges) that often so battery range issues will be less then for Mass residents living on "mainland Mass"
Cape Cod Demographics & Statistics — Employment, Education, Income Averages, Crime in Cape Cod — Point2 Homes
There are over 2.2M people in Essex and Middlesex counties alone, 10 times as many as on Cape Cod, and that doesn't count southern NH and ME.

It still seems like a very odd location to me.