TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Car wash

Discussion in 'Model X' started by HQHQ, Oct 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HQHQ

HQHQ Member

Is Tesla car wash hand wash or machine wash, anybody know? My X got Expel full wrap and opti-coat so i need to know to avoid machine wash. Thanks in advnce

2. bushburner

bushburner Member

I would avoid any service centers car wash

3. Sri Kooturu

Sri Kooturu Member

I got the same treatment of my X. I washed once at home, but risk of neighbors complaining due to drought in California. After research I found the best option is self wash at a coin wash with a dedicated Bay-advantage is they have high pressure washer and damn cheap. I bought optimum car wash liquid on amazon and used two bucket method. Spent $7 total and total time spent was ~30 min.
    The other option is get it hand washed at a wash place for $60.
    I chose to do it myself, more for self satisfaction.
    Do not use machine wash

• Like x 1
  4. Bishop

Bishop Member

ive got a bad back so i take it in for a hand wash about once a month but every once in a while when im feeling lazy i take it to one of those bay wash points ( it has a touchless wash ) and it does fine there.

5. echin

echin Member

I know here's a while thread on "how to wash your tesla", but does anyone have a quick link or reference to those water sprays to get bug smudges out without having to do a full wash ("waterless" wash)?

6. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

I had my Model X wrapped and cqquartz finest put on. The detailer stated since I had the car coated, I don't need to worry about carwashes. He advised that stick to the touchless ones and forego the wax and polish option .

7. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Funny thing about the touchless is that the chemicals they mix in with the water is so harsh that it strips paint. So be careful with the touchless washes.

• Like x 1