TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Cargo Van

Discussion in 'Future Cars' started by S'toon, Jul 31, 2016.

1. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Full article at:
    Elon Musk says Tesla likely to build an all-electric cargo van on its upcoming pickup truck chassis

2. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

I have been expecting this - a delivery van - all the time. But not only on the pickup chassis as van's are needed in different sizes. It would be easy to make a smaller van based on the Model X and probably also an even smaller one based on the upcoming Model Y.

As an illustration here are some smaller BEV vans in use by the Norwegian postal service:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

... and as a side note: On a van, where the driver may have to stand outside the car and lean into the backdoor to get stuff for delivery in all whether, may be a great place for the FalconWing doors (or something similar), so he/she can stand under a "roof" at least partly protected from rain/snow/sun.

3. david_42

david_42 Member

I have to agree, there is definitely a market for a small Tesla van, about the same size as the Ford Transit Connect.

4. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

As I said to Bjorn Nyland once, his mother should get a Nissan eNV-200 to replace her old VW cargo van. He said she's thinking about it.

I don't know why Nissan never brought it to North America.

Tesla would do the eNV-200 one better, since it would have more range and capability.

5. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I would buy 3 of these to replace our company Connects. We spend $2,500 a month on gas for deliveries. I am sure the market is very high for a Tesla Cargo Van.

• Like x 4